• 3 Post By BatuKMan
  • 1 Post By BatuKMan

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Thumbs down Diesel Gate Recall - Letter Received Today

So, my Macan S Diesel made it's first birthday on the 19th October, today I've received a present from Porsche, a letter to get a software update to solve the emission cheat, which I though my car wasn't affected since it has the AdBlue.

I guess I'm going to skip it, I see no point in wasting my time with this, probably getting worse performance or more consumption or both, otherwise if it could been solved with a simple software there wasn't any need cheat in the first place.

S Diesel / 20” RS Wheels Colored Crest/ Agate Grey / Black Leather Package / Heated Front Seats / Heated Steering Wheel / Automatic Dimming Mirrors / Gloss Black Window Trim / Privacy Glass / 14-way Seats / 3-Zone / Comfort Lighting / LCA / ACC-PAS / Smokers Package / PCM / Park Assist with Camera / Bluetooth / Model Delete / PASM / AS - Picked-up 22/10/2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)

You are right. Clean air is overrated.

I suspect if you don't take it in, the dealer will do the update the next time you are in for service. They would probably be fined heavily otherwise.

2015 Macan S, Agate Grey, AS/PASM/PTV, 20" SD, Tow hitch and roof rails, No sunroof
1973 911S, Ivory White, MT5
1973 911RS, White/Blue, MT5
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

The letter mentions it's "free willing".

I'd bet my car is way cleaner than most of the trucks and buses I see everyday, specially the ones from eastern Europe.
Macanuck, albertporter and Thunder like this.

S Diesel / 20” RS Wheels Colored Crest/ Agate Grey / Black Leather Package / Heated Front Seats / Heated Steering Wheel / Automatic Dimming Mirrors / Gloss Black Window Trim / Privacy Glass / 14-way Seats / 3-Zone / Comfort Lighting / LCA / ACC-PAS / Smokers Package / PCM / Park Assist with Camera / Bluetooth / Model Delete / PASM / AS - Picked-up 22/10/2015

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatuKMan View Post
The letter mentions it's "free willing"..
Isn't that an old movie about a killer whale?

What does "free willing" mean? Never heard that term before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Boxster GTS
2013 Mercedes e350
2008 Ford F250
2008 Airstream 25FB
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

I wonder when I'll get a letter from VW about my 2013 Touareg Lux TDI?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

I had one of the first Audi TTs back in the early 2000s, and they sent me a letter about a recall to install a spoiler because some of the cars were lifting off the ground at high speeds. I adamantly refused to them installing a spoiler, and they allowed to me to refuse it if I signed a waiver stating I had declined it. The whole reason I bought the car was for the design as it wasn't very fast, so that would have ruined the car for me. I literally would have rather sold or traded the car than have the spoiler installed, and they worked with me while covering themselves legally. Who knows if this could be a similar situation, but I doubt they'd be as willing to compromise on things like emissions with the magnitude of the recent scandal.

2015 Macan S - Rhodium/Agate
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestraveler View Post
Isn't that an old movie about a killer whale?

What does "free willing" mean? Never heard that term before.
According to the Oxford Dictionary:

Free willing:

"ADJECTIVE

That possesses the faculty of free will."
Bluestraveler likes this.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDucati View Post
I had one of the first Audi TTs back in the early 2000s, and they sent me a letter about a recall to install a spoiler because some of the cars were lifting off the ground at high speeds. I adamantly refused to them installing a spoiler, and they allowed to me to refuse it if I signed a waiver stating I had declined it. The whole reason I bought the car was for the design as it wasn't very fast, so that would have ruined the car for me. I literally would have rather sold or traded the car than have the spoiler installed, and they worked with me while covering themselves legally. Who knows if this could be a similar situation, but I doubt they'd be as willing to compromise on things like emissions with the magnitude of the recent scandal.
The German authorities left the recall voluntary meaning that the manufacturers can sidestep any claim from the owners have not been disadvantaged and do not deserve compensation, as they like how their cars work.
All that money VW gave to the lobbyist have paid off.