Porsche Macan Forum banner

My Agate Grey Interior pics

56K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  amg55driver 
#1 · (Edited)
Earlier this year I first had my build spec'd as black exterior w/ beige interior... but I then changed polar opposites and finalized with a White exterior and Agate Grey interior when the new AG became available to configure. I originally saw it on a Cayman and a 911 and I always liked it so it was a no brainer for me. It does have a dark brownish hue but for me that's the advantage of it in my opinion... because it wasn't a typical black-colored interior but was still dark enough for easier upkeep and this interior color is more so limited (or less seldom ordered) than black without paying a premium.

Here are some shots for those one the fence but pics don't do it full justice... seeing it in person clearly reveals how nice, classy and understated this interior color is.

With camera flash:

No camera flash:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice shots. I have agate with the leather package and really like it. Your photos do a good job of representing the color, even though it does take on different looks depending on lighting, especially sunshine which tends to bring out the brown hue more.

Reactions: Benz
#3 ·
Thanks@Stingray.I wonder if it would look good with the rhodium silver exterior on the S? Any opinions?

#4 ·
I'm going rhodium silver with agate interior on my S. Im expecting it late December. Colors are subjective; I personally think the agate will look good with the rhodium exterior. My advice: look at as many pictures of the agate interior as you can find so you see it at its 'best and worst', as it seems to appear different colors depending on the lighting.

#9 ·
@Stingray-

Those pics show the leather package, correct? Not full leather? Saw you post on the other thread regarding the airbag panel which is not visible on yours. I have been waffling between the leather package and full leather (in black), but I really like the look of your interior. Might just save some $$. (Or add PTV+ instead!)

#10 ·
The best decision I made was getting the Agate interior with the Carbon Fiber package. Fantastic. Due to the brown hue of the Agate interior, only goes well with White, Black, Blue, Agate, and Palladium. Due to the blue hues of the Silver, IMO does not go very well with that.

#14 ·
Are you happy with the quality of the non-leather parts (lower dash, lower door panels, etc)? I'm still on the fence between the leather package that you have and stepping up to the full leather interior.

Agate looks great!

#15 ·
Yes I am with the quality of non-leather trim pieces... I think they will hold up well or even better long-term. My initial goal was to keep my budget on the new Macan around 60K but I pushed it to $66,685 on this one due to adding more & more options. The partial leather is fine for me but it all depends on your preferences... but if you like full leather and can splurge on the premium cost then go for it. A few months ago I saw a Turbo Macan fully loaded at the dealership (with full leather) and it was stunning but obviously the price creeped to 6 figures already. Maybe you can view one w/ full leather at your local dealership... it'll help with your decision before your order locks.

#16 ·
@ Spielzeug I have an identical int. to Stingrays (except walnut where he has CF) and am VERY pleased w/ my choice BOTH in color & partial leather selection.

I have second guessed myself re. if I should have gone w/ full leather & have concluded the juice (additional lea.) is not worth the squeeze (additional funds).

Like yours, mine is a DD & while having the additional leather areas would be *nice*, the potential for scuffing on the lower door panels causes me concern + at the end of the day the extra leather is largely overlooked IMO after the intial euphoria subsides.

FWIW the only change I would make in my build is the addition of roof rails & as always YMMV applies here.

#17 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually leaning towards keeping the leather package and adding PTV+ instead...

#20 ·
I have been trying to stay under 70k, which is as much as I feel I can justify spending on an S.

I have room to either add PTV+ or take my leather package up to full leather. The leather I would see every time I got in the car, but the PTV+ would add to handling and perhaps winter driving.

Tough choice.

#23 ·
With Agate I might stay with leather package and opt for PTV+. On the darker interiors the jump from Partial to Full is not as noticeable as on the Garnet. There is no deviated stitching and the doors are the same color on Partial Agate and Full Agate. If you are ok with the pebbled plastic look on the CD cover, glove box, and the tops of the doors (pictured in this thread) than go with the Partial. The full option will give you smooth leather on those surfaces.

Originally when I had Black interior optioned I looked at Partial vs Full and the difference is not HUGE. I believe they could have sold more full leather if they included deviated stitching on most, or all of the Leather Interiors, not just the Garnet/Black. The deviated stitching really adds to the luxe level. I personally was going for full black because I've never had a full leather interior, and I wanted something different than the pebbled plastic that I have on my current car. But once I decided to go with Garnet the choice to go full became much easier.

#21 ·
I totally agree the deviated stitching in the full leather definitely upscales the interior but in the end these fine details is up to your preference and budget. The leather package is very nice while the partial leather is just nice. WIN - win situation, IMO.

Here's a leather interior with black & garnet red on a Macan S I saw at a recent car show... while below it is my interior in AG. Pick the one you personally like, and will pay for, the most.

Reactions: Vectors
#22 ·
I can attest to the plushness of the full-leather interior, having had it on my 2012 Cayenne S and my 2008 Boxster S. I sadly sold the Cayenne [and I'm still beating myself up about it] but at least I've got the Boxster... and I can honestly, wholeheartedly say that the full-leather interior is worth every penny. My Cayenne had the rare black/titanium blue interior package and the black dashboard and upper sections had deviated stitching in blue... SUCH an exquisite touch.

The feel of the leather, smell of it and the look of it as it ages with time [with proper care, mind you] is something that is second to none. Since the interior is the place that you'll be spending the most time, I see no point in not making it the best place it can be. When you're springing this much for a car, you might as well...

My two cents.

khabah

#24 ·
Finally sat in a Turbo with full lack leather. I asked them to kill a few more cows for mine. Looks/feels/smells great.

#25 ·
With colors, there is no right or wrong. Of the responders to this thread it seems most prefer the Agate. My order is also White exterior. I have had black interior on the last several vehicles I have owned. Therefore I also seriously considered Agate for my build. But in the end I went with Black, 14-way. I am convinced that the White exterior with the Black interior is the easiest to live with. This combination IMO always seems to look good.

#26 ·
Hey Stingray, your pics are the best I have seen of the Agate so far, Thank you for posting! I cannot make out the stitching on the dash. Does the dash come in leather when you select the leather package (the 2nd option)? Also, how do you like your CF wheel, it looks beautiful and am considering adding it to my build (with CF trim), worries are from reading the posts about comfort and feel. Thoughts??

#28 ·
Spectacular pics! Of course I'm biased because I have my car coming with Agate and carbon fiber interior. Your pics have basically eliminated any worry that I had. It looks awesome and understated which is what I like. Much appreciated!

#33 ·
Agate Grey Carpet

I'm curious. Is the carpet also grey on the Agate Grey interior or is is more black?
My car won't be in for a few months but I wanted to order Weathertech mats and I'm not sure which color to order.
Thanks!

#34 ·
I'm curious. Is the carpet also grey on the Agate Grey interior or is is more black?
My car won't be in for a few months but I wanted to order Weathertech mats and I'm not sure which color to order.
Thanks!
The Agate interior also gets Agate carpet. It’s a nice color for hiding light dust.

#35 ·
Mine is Agate with Sapphire Blue and I love it too. If there was a choice of a grey without the slight hint of brown in sunlight, then I'd take that. I like the AG better than any of the other color choices. It looks nice and elegant without showing dirt, dust and wear much at all.

#36 ·
Some of the CD flaps say Porsche, some do not. What option or designator determines if PORSCHE is on that flap?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.