• 2 Post By Macanakey
  • 2 Post By TripleL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 487 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1914 Post(s)
Default Linusto meet and greet -great time

I had the pleasure of meeting up with @linusto and his wife this afternoon at the dealership . Our shared interest in both the Macan GTS and 991.2 GTS as well as a short trip in Miami gave us the time . By chance my wife was also on the way home from work so the four of us got a chance to sit in the lounge , talk to the staff of Porsche and Ferrari. and chat. A brief drive in the 991.2 proved that rush hour traffic isnt the ideal wide open throttle type of drive but it was nice for him to see the car and even better that it all started right here talking cars at macanforum .

A few pics ... great time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1201.jpg (185.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1198.jpg (171.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1190.jpg (179.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1200.jpg (195.7 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-18-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

The pleasure was all mine. @yrralis1 was a most gracious host. What a thrill to be able to meet people in different locations with similar interests as a result of this and other forums. Almost like an extended family! In any case, we went for a drive in his new 991.2 GTS. I've to go say, what a beautiful car, both in terms of substance and form. The white GTS just shows all the sexy curves of the 991.2 and the new black accents (relative to 991.1 GTS) of @yrralis1 's car contrast so well against that colour. The interior was sweet. If I had gone for the white (ended up choosing GT Silver myself), I would also have opted for the GTS interior alcantara package with carmine red stitching. My concern was that the stitching might have been just a bit too much. But I was proven wrong when I sat in @yrralis1 's car. That configuration just worked. Stunning, really. Also, after having sat in his car, I completely concur with @yrralis1 's observations around the duality of sharpness of handling (from a passenger's standpoint) and the drivability of the GTS from a DD standpoint. This is a fantastic sweet spot in the 911 lineup. Yes, the sound is not the same as a NA engine but still very nice. But the low-end, always available torque was fantastic for city driving. Congrats @yrralis1 . And now I'm especially looking forward to delivery of my 991.2 C4 GTS after having just received our Macan GTS!

On a side note, what was interesting for me to see was how well-connected and respected @yrrralis1 is at the dealership. You know the dealership understands his passion for driving and his love for Porsche vehicles. He's not just an average customer but rather a true enthusiast. Also, meeting with him and his wife allowed me to see a side of him that the forums generally don't easily allow for. They are both giving back to the community in their own way and I really respect that. Thank you @yrralis1 . I'm going to try to post some pics - hopefully it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2365.jpg (245.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2367.jpg (201.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2371.jpg (225.9 KB, 28 views)
TripleL, yrralis1, ijisi and 3 others like this.

2018 911 Carrera 4 GTS, GT Silver - Ordered 4/7/17
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Macan GTS, Rhodium Silver
2016 Mazda MX-5 GT, Reflex Blue
2017 Honda CR-V Touring, Obsidian Blue - my DD
2007 BMW 335xi Sedan, Monaco Blue
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 487 Post(s)
Quoted: 1914 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusto View Post
The pleasure was all mine. @yrralis1 was a most gracious host. What a thrill to be able to meet people in different locations with similar interests as a result of this and other forums. Almost like an extended family! In any case, we went for a drive in his new 991.2 GTS. I've to go say, what a beautiful car, both in terms of substance and form. The white GTS just shows all the sexy curves of the 991.2 and the new black accents (relative to 991.1 GTS) of @yrralis1 's car contrast so well against that colour. The interior was sweet. If I had gone for the white (ended up choosing GT Silver myself), I would also have opted for the GTS interior alcantara package with carmine red stitching. My concern was that the stitching might have been just a bit too much. But I was proven wrong when I sat in @yrralis1 's car. That configuration just worked. Stunning, really. Also, after having sat in his car, I completely concur with @yrralis1 's observations around the duality of sharpness of handling (from a passenger's standpoint) and the drivability of the GTS from a DD standpoint. This is a fantastic sweet spot in the 911 lineup. Yes, the sound is not the same as a NA engine but still very nice. But the low-end, always available torque was fantastic for city driving. Congrats @yrralis1 . And now I'm especially looking forward to delivery of my 991.2 C4 GTS after having just received our Macan GTS!

On a side note, what was interesting for me to see was how well-connected and respected @yrrralis1 is at the dealership. You know the dealership understands his passion for driving and his love for Porsche vehicles. He's not just an average customer but rather a true enthusiast. Also, meeting with him and his wife allowed me to see a side of him that the forums generally don't easily allow for. They are both giving back to the community in their own way and I really respect that. Thank you @yrralis1 . I'm going to try to post some pics - hopefully it works.

I am so humbled by the compliments but you raised a very special point . The Porsche community might actually seem quite large but in actuality its quite small . The cars bring us all to a common point and in the process of happiness forms an extended family . Even those at the dealership who in some cases have been there 20+ years get a chance to see us over time . In many ways we have grown up together as we grow older together .

@linusto -- I am glad we met . I got more pics too !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1193.jpg (181.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1185.jpg (191.4 KB, 37 views)
TripleL, Hokie and linusto like this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage

Glad you were able to meet up! That's pretty cool! Thanks for the pics, gentlemen.
yrralis1 and linusto like this.

2016 Macan Turbo in Dark Blue Metallic.
2016 Boxster GTS Carmine Red
2008 911 Turbo Cabriolet Speed Yellow
2016 Ford F-150 Limited
2017 Porsche GT3-RS Lava Orange (LEGO)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Garage

Macan Forum mini meet,, simply fantastic!! Looks like the 4 of you had a nice time.
yrralis1 and linusto like this.

2015 Macan S Daily smiles since 5/16/2014