27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Porsche Opens New ‘Experience Center’ in Los Angeles

Quote:
Love Porsches? Well, plan on booking a trip to Los Angeles as soon as possible.

The legendary German sports car maker is opening a brand new Experience Center in the heart of this California megalopolis. Equal parts racetrack, luxury retailer and playground, the facility will call Porsche faithful to worship like church bells on Sunday; it’s also certain to win legions of new converts to the religion of Zuffenhausenism.

Spread across 53 acres of land in the city of Carson, this venue took the company about two and a half years to construct at a cost of some $60-million. It includes a 50,000 square-foot building, more than four miles of test track and even a fine-dining restaurant.

Its central location ensures easy access to Los Angeles International Airport, downtown L.A. and practically every other corner of Southern California, a boon in this town scorned for its unbearable traffic.

L.A. is home to the second Porsche Experience Center in America, which is following closely behind the first one that opened in Atlanta early last year. The United States is the only country with two of these facilities, catering to strong Porsche demand in the land of liberty. Underscoring this fact, California accounts for 23 percent of all the vehicles Porsche sells in the U.S.

The first Experience Center was opened in Leipzig, Germany, 16 years ago, though a handful of others are found global locations including Silverstone, United Kingdom; Le Mans, France; and Shanghai, China.
Read more about the Porsche Opens New ‘Experience Center’ in Los Angeles at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 1450 Post(s)

Guess we can order Porsche to be delivered there, like in Atlanta?
Louie Zoi likes this.

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Definitely go for it! I took delivery of my Macan GTS at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta and had a great time. Worth every penny of the $0 option for PEC Delivery when you order your Macan.
jzwu and Louie Zoi like this.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default PEC in Carson

The Porsche Experience center in Carson California.
Yesterday my wife and I had our driving experience with a Macan S ( Thats because we have a new 2017 Macan). I highly recommend driving the car of your choice then order.
On the straight away Thats along side the 405 freeway we both reached speeds of 100mph. The Macan handling is unbelievable. We drove with a instructor for 1 ˝ hrs none stop.
Also the PEC is a show piece in itself. Leave it to PORSCHE to come up with this driving experience. Money well spent.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

I'm going to be in LA in December, but I probably won't have my Macan. Is it worth it to visit the PEC (maybe with the kids) just for the museum/restaurant/etc.?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 1450 Post(s)

I just checked the web site and all driving appointments have already been booked through the end of December.

Still worth a visit.
Louie Zoi likes this.

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I called them yesterday and asked about taking delivery of a new Macan at their facility.
They told me to check back at the end of January as they hadn't heard anything official yet from Porsche. Hopefully they can get something going soon as I'm expecting delivery of an S in March.
Louie Zoi likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)

I have a PEC voucher for a Macan GTS or Carrera S, plus lunch or dinner for 2.

Trying to decide to go for the Macan to help me know and appreciate the capabilities of my current Porsche, or go for the Carrera to help me lust for another Porsche.

.???
RJMcInnis likes this.

2017 Porsche Macan S. Volcano Grey with RS Spyders and my carefully curated set of options.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

My wife and I went to the PEC in Atlanta last July and had a blast!
Would love to check out the one in LA.

Macan S | White | Black Interior | Trailer Hitch | Brushed Aluminum Interior Package | ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera | Lane Change Assist (LCA) | 3-zone Climate Control | BOSE Surround Sound System | 20" Sport Design Wheels | Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package | Infotainment Package | Premium Package Plus | Comfort Lighting Package

Porsche Club of America - Member

Stable Mate:
2017 Porsche 911 Carrera
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 11:59 PM
FJG

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Cool adventure in the Macan S today! Took this little-pistol of an SUV through extremes at the new Porsche Experience Center (LA). Launch Control, dynamic maneuvers, low-friction drifting, handling circuit, low-friction kick-plate recoveries, and then talked the instructor into taking it on the off-road course (which is only scheduled for the Cayenne).

Amazing performance for an SUV! High-speed slaloms with minimal body roll. I kept wanting to do it again and again at higher and higher speeds, tires hitting limits & screeching, but the handling was superb!

The off-road performance is more capable than I could have ever imagined. 70+ deg ascent/descent, over huge logs, up/down concrete stairs, on a huge "teeter-totter"made from logs, and a 45 deg lateral/sideways route.

The drifting and high-speed courses were fun, but I was sweating at the end of the off-road course -- it seemed unnatural, but the Macan handled all just fine. I think some adrenaline was produced...

The hill-descent control was neat: headed down a dirt 78-deg slope. At the top, he said "release the brake and let it go". I had much anxiety, then finally did it, and the Macan did a controlled-speed descent smoothly and capably, with my feet off the pedals.

If you get a chance, I recommend signing up -- you will enjoy the dynamic maneuvers and recoveries, but certainly be impressed by the off-road capabilities of this beast of a machine!

Here are some photos. No pics / videos were allowed on the course (insurance rules), so some are stock photos with other vehicles...

Some Descriptions:

Off-road course: "designed to show how the technical systems of the Macan work in off-road conditions. The 78-degree vertical descent, ravine bed and fallen timbers are only a few of the all-terrain obstacles packed into the ability of the car, as well as yourself. By the end, you will be better equipped to tackle nearly every type of off-road terrain."

Low-friction kick plate: "a computer-controlled hydraulic plate set flush to the road surface is designed to induce loss of rear wheel traction, putting the car into a skid or spin. The driver will be taught the correct technique to ‘catch’ the slide and bring the car under control."

Low-friction drift circle: "consists of highly-polished concrete on a wet surface that in turn creates an ideal environment to provoke, correct and hold oversteer all at speeds which enables you to build an understanding of car dynamics."

The Acceleration Straight: "provides a safe and controlled environment to fully explore how a Porsche accelerates using launch control with an added twist. Near the end of the nearly 3/4 mile straight, a replica of the Karussell (Carousel), the famous banked curve on the Nordschleife (North Loop) of the Nürburgring, awaits for your enthralling g-force experience."

The Handling Circuit: "designed not as a race track but as a challenging country road. Using the contours of the land we have created a flowing series of corners and undulations that all offer very different challenges for both car and driver. You will learn the correct lines, braking points and how to safely extract the maximum enjoyment from your driving experience."

Last photo is the 918 Spyder plug-in hybrid: 887 hp and 944 ft-lb torque. 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds, and a 0.25 mile time of about 10 seconds flat. Base price $847,975-$931,975...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2.jpeg (161.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpeg 3.jpeg (181.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpeg 4.jpeg (98.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (202.3 KB, 52 views)
K-A, WHT TGR, jzwu and 5 others like this.

2017 Macan S: Rhodium Silver | Black & Garnet Red Leather | 20" Sport Design Wheels | Sport+ Chrono | Porsche Torque Vector+ | Porsche Active Suspension Mgmt Air | Sport Exhaust in Silver | Premium Pkg+ | LED Headlights | 18-way Seats | Adaptive Cruise Ctrl & Porsche Active Safe | Park Assist Surround-View | Lane-Keep Assist & Lane-Chg Assist | Porsche Connect (CarPlay) | Black Roof-Rails | Black Logos | Black Door Handles | Black Thule AeroBlade Edge Roof Crossbars

Last edited by FJG; 12-30-2016 at 12:42 PM.