51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default 2017 Porsche Macan GTS vs Jaguar F-Pace S

Quote:
When Porsche released the Cayenne back in 2002, it did so with a purpose, hoping to boost its stock with a model for the masses.

And it worked, with the brandís first four-door propping it up in a way the 911 never could while creating a case for more non-sports cars from Stuttgart. The Macan compact crossover arrived more than a dozen years later to equal success, quickly becoming the brandís best-selling model.

Hoping to replicate Porscheís path to prosperity, the Jaguar F-Pace is charting a new course for a brand long synonymous with luxurious sedans and sporty coupes and convertibles. Careful not to step on the toes of sister brand Land Rover and its smattering of sport utilities, the F-Pace, like the Macan, is cut from the same cloth as its sports car siblings in spite of its people-moving proportions. Itís also got some serious ground to make up.
Read more about the 2017 Porsche Macan GTS vs Jaguar F-Pace S at AutoGuide.com.
ABusLux likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)

IBTM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aoshi likes this.

2017 Macan GTS. Volcano Gray, Black Leather Interior, Black RS Spyder Wheels /Summer Tires, Sports Aluminum PDK, Sport Mirrors, Adaptive Cruise / PAS, Ventilated Seats, Sport Chrono, PTV+, Surround View, Air Suspension / PASM, Black Roof Rails, PCM with Navigation, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, LED Headlights, Smoking Package, 18-Way Seats, Premium Package Plus, Rear Sunblinds, Red GTS Logos, Chrome interior accents, Wireless Charger for iPhone, Armrest Tray, Smoked Side Reflectors.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)

The F-pace looks slightly Volvo-ish; the Macan: "totally hairy in sinister way!"
Bobbymacan likes this.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
IBTM...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey @alex_c , I may agree with you if I knew what IBTM means; 'I Bite My Tongue'?, "I Be Totally Miffed'? In any case, you might be saying, why a new thread here? I started one 10/12/16 titled "Macan GTS vs F-Pace Smackdown". Seems like this thread would fit naturally in that one, no? Comments @grim ?
RJMcInnis and alex_c like this.

'15 White S, Std Agate, Dk walnut, 18 way, RS Spyder w/ AS tires, A/S w/ PASM, PP+, Infotain, Body color side blades, LCA, 3-zone, Bose, Comfort lghtg, Hi gloss black, roof rails, smoking pckg (Wife's dd)

'17 GTS 'stripper'; VG, Agate/Pebble, 14-way, RS Spyders, E&D, LCA, SC, Seat vent, Nav (my dd)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Quoted: 2160 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
Hey @alex_c , I may agree with you if I knew what IBTM means; 'I Bite My Tongue'?, "I Be Totally Miffed'? In any case, you might be saying, why a new thread here? I started one 10/12/16 titled "Macan GTS vs F-Pace Smackdown". Seems like this thread would fit naturally in that one, no? Comments @grim ?
@Hokie That's just evil. Funny as heck, but evil. I bet even @grim is laughing at the irony of this happening today. Yeah, the Mod should tell the Owner of this website not to violate the rules...
Hokie, fritz and alex_c like this.

DELIVERED 31st Dec 2014. Happy New Year!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMcInnis View Post
@Hokie That's just evil. Funny as heck, but evil. I bet even @grim is laughing at the irony of this happening today. Yeah, the Mod should tell the Owner of this website not to violate the rules...
Ahhh RJ, so you're saying: Infraction By The Moderator? I think you've got it!

'15 White S, Std Agate, Dk walnut, 18 way, RS Spyder w/ AS tires, A/S w/ PASM, PP+, Infotain, Body color side blades, LCA, 3-zone, Bose, Comfort lghtg, Hi gloss black, roof rails, smoking pckg (Wife's dd)

'17 GTS 'stripper'; VG, Agate/Pebble, 14-way, RS Spyders, E&D, LCA, SC, Seat vent, Nav (my dd)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

The Jag is not a bad car at all, and compared to many SUVs it many seem great.

But

Then there is the Macan and all of a sudden all others are just wannabees by comparison to the King.
Skinsfan, rigelt and RJE like this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Default 2017 Porsche Macan GTS vs Jaguar F-Pace S

IBTM: In Before The Move...

Edited in light of the new improved rules proposed by Grim. I appreciate the responsiveness and will be glad to continue participating here.
RJMcInnis and Hokie like this.

2017 Macan GTS. Volcano Gray, Black Leather Interior, Black RS Spyder Wheels /Summer Tires, Sports Aluminum PDK, Sport Mirrors, Adaptive Cruise / PAS, Ventilated Seats, Sport Chrono, PTV+, Surround View, Air Suspension / PASM, Black Roof Rails, PCM with Navigation, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, LED Headlights, Smoking Package, 18-Way Seats, Premium Package Plus, Rear Sunblinds, Red GTS Logos, Chrome interior accents, Wireless Charger for iPhone, Armrest Tray, Smoked Side Reflectors.

Last edited by alex_c; 11-08-2016 at 09:26 AM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I was planning on get the new F-Pace, and then a friend who has had a Macan S started telling me how much she loves it. I'd never even considered one. When it came time to buy a car I went to Porsche as a due diligence exercise and after driving the Macan and taking a look at it I was sold.

No paper comparison tells the full story. The Macan is solid. Every tiny detail is perfect. I was surprised how well it drives for an compact SUV too. My new GTS feels like a sports car, compared to my Jeep.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mocke View Post
No paper comparison tells the full story. The Macan is solid. Every tiny detail is perfect. I was surprised how well it drives for an compact SUV too. My new GTS feels like a sports car, compared to my Jeep.
I had an 2013 SRT Grand Cherokee a couple of vehicles before my Macan. It was fast as all get out, but it felt like a big, heavy SUV. I agree that there's little comparison between that & the Macan. The Macan is smaller (which I prefer), & it feels more agile & nimble. The fit & finish of the Jeep wasn't in the same universe as the Macan's. I found out that the whole package, rather than just raw power was far more important to me than I realized.
Sarah Mocke likes this.

2016 Macan Turbo in Dark Blue Metallic. Premium Package Plus. Saddle Brown/Luxor Beige Interior. 20" RS Spyder Wheels.
2008 911 Turbo Cabriolet Speed Yellow
2016 Boxster GTS Carmine Red
2016 Ford F-150 Limited