I dont know how to say this (off topic - health related) - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

222Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 502 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Default I dont know how to say this (off topic - health related)

I have not been here . I like being here and want to talk about cars. I do need to get this off my chest because my feelings about cars have evolved . When a person who doesn't drink. nor smoke , exercises , and eats proper usually goes to a doctor his report is usually like the kid who gets straight A's. That's how it had always been for me .

Two weeks ago I went to the doctor with a pimple on my hand that appeared out of nowhere. I was expecting cream or ointment . Three doctors later and a biopsy I am waiting results next week. The fear is squamous skin cancer . This thing looks just like it . I am ready to face this (like a big scared chicken) and rather than talk about it I'd like to share what changed with cars .

1) When facing a health issue cars all of a sudden lose significance . I still love my cars but have paused briefly .

2) Any car that I ever bought and might have thought might have been excessive all of a sudden become even more significant . I am so glad I bought them !!!

3) Do you guys know how hard most of us have shared the experience of waiting for an order car ? It's nothing compared to waiting for biopsy results.

I may not post as much especially if my hand is wrapped . I missed being here and even if I end up writing less I will be reading .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 01:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Very sorry to read your situation. Do not worry, we sincerely wish and pray that it is a very simple issue. Be bold and cheerful.
yrralis1 likes this.

Macan Yes, Cayman (double) Yes (in order)
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Sending my prayers and best wishes to you and yours, yrralis.. Hang in there. I'm a newbie here, but I have appreciated your contributions here greatly.
yrralis1 likes this.

post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Best of luck with your health issues.
yrralis1 likes this.
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)

Best wishes for the diagnosis and potential treatment.

As one gets older health issue start to play a more prominent position in ones life and they do have a limiting effect on activities, thats life.

In my youth I decided to live life as though my days were limited and the resultant bucket list turned out to me rather lengthy with now a lot of inclusions are ticked.

Owning a Porsche dare I say it was not on my list, at heart I am a Jaguar fan, but arthritis and back issues now means I need an SUV type of vehicle and my Macans have been a tremendous help and I am now a convert to the marque.

Now imagine this, someone with mobility issues and one who has great difficulty getting into and out of low seated cars. Now include a 911S being driven to its limit around the PEC and now my Mrs has a video of me crawling out of the 911 wishing I was 20 years younger.

So what I am saying is be positive, do what you want to do, when you want to do it, in other words live life to the full.
NETX, yrralis1 and djs2303 like this.

Macan 1 S diesel, spec scimilar to Turbo
Macan 2 Turbo, Air, PASM, 14 way, SC, PS+, Spyders, Surround Cam, LEDs, Met Black, Garnet, Pano, Privacy Glass, ACC, Alloy PDK, SD mirrors, Interior light and storage packs.
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage

Best luck for your health yrralis1!

In these moments most things lose significance and at the same time good memories are even more meaningful.

Wish you a happy driving soon!
yrralis1 and djs2303 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)

Hang in there. Best wishes for you.
yrralis1 likes this.
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:45 AM
BNF

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Best wishes to you Larry. Hang in there.
I for one much appreciate your contributions and P counsel.
Unfortunately Aust, and particularly Queensland where I live, has the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world. So I am all too familiar with what you are going through.
Luckily it is very treatable with early detection. So fingers crossed!
yrralis1 likes this.
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)

Sorry to hear of these unsettling events. On the positive, it was small and you did not delay getting it evaluated.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Larry.
yrralis1 likes this.
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Sorry to hear of these unsettling events. On the positive, it was small and you did not delay getting it evaluated.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Larry.
Larry, same here. Not sure what your doctor told you, but the good news is that squamous skin cancer detected at an early stage and removed promptly is close to 100% curable and will cause minimal damage. You absolutely did the right thing right away.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills