User Tag List

35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 801 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1999 Post(s)
Default Home Theater Done

So i would have revived my original thread but I couldn't find it. So if a mod sees this and thinks it should be merged, please do.

Without further adieux, here is the final result.

https://youtu.be/tBwsk3euPxQ

For those who were (un)lucky enough to have attended the get together we had a couple of years ago at my house, what you see here was the deck we ate and bbq'd on.
TripleL, remgb, Jshore and 11 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)

Wow, that is some serious -and beautiful- renovation!

Congrats, enjoy it in good health!
MDJAK likes this.

2017 Macan GTS. Volcano Gray, Black Leather Interior, Black RS Spyder Wheels /Summer Tires, Sports Aluminum PDK, Sport Mirrors, Adaptive Cruise / PAS, Ventilated Seats, Sport Chrono, PTV+, Surround View, Air Suspension / PASM, Black Roof Rails, PCM with Navigation, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, LED Headlights, Smoking Package, 18-Way Seats, Premium Package Plus, Rear Sunblinds, Red GTS Logos, Chrome interior accents, Wireless Charger for iPhone, Armrest Tray, Smoked Side Reflectors.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Garage

Looks awesome, @MDJAK . Very impressive, and nicely done!! Thanks for posting and sharing it with the group. Enjoy it in good health.
MDJAK likes this.

2015 Turbo / White / 20 Spyders / Black Window Trim / CF Sideblades / Espresso with Walnut / Espresso Belts / 14-way Seats / LCA / ACC-PAS / Entry & Drive / Surround View / Insulating Glass / PASM / PTV+ / AS / PCCB

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Nice, I bet that sounds system is amazing!
MDJAK likes this.

2015 Macan S with 20" RS Spyders, White w Black interior, Premium Plus, PASM, Bose, Sirius/XM, Roof Rails, Hitch.
13 Boxster S
05 Boxster (gone)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)

Awesome, @MDJAK , but it's not done yet! Why is the power cord hanging down from the big screen?

And one other thing, you need to get some serious espresso machine - the Keurig won't cut it with their mates.
MDJAK likes this.

Macan GTS - carmine red, agate/pebble gray
991.2 Cab - gt silver, black/bordeaux red, manual, PSE
991 Turbo S - sapphire blue, espresso
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Garage

Nice!
MDJAK likes this.

Proud owner of a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
since March 12, 2016.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 801 Post(s)
Quoted: 1999 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblow View Post
Awesome, @MDJAK , but it's not done yet! Why is the power cord hanging down from the big screen?

And one other thing, you need to get some serious espresso machine - the Keurig won't cut it with their mates.
First, thank you all.

I was wondering who was going to notice the cord.

It's not a power cord, it's a HDMI cord. I did buy one before the walls were foamed and insulated and it was placed inside the wall. It was an expensive very thick one from bluejeanscables.com

Unfortunately I didn't heed advice and place it in a conduit and my guess is it was either defective, or more likely was roughly handled through subsequent foaming, Sheetrock, painting etc and sometimes the signal will drop. I was therefore forced to get another one that I could no longer run inside the wall. I'm not happy about it. And I do need to take some time and more carefully route it, perhaps place it in a channel that I can paint. It will also go behind the center speaker stand and be mostly unseen. That is if I can build that thing. The instructions are worse than the confusilator.

I need to wait for my very talented wife to get home from the hospital, hopefully in the next day or so, from spinal fusion surgery, to guide me through the build process.

As for the cappuccino machine, I actually wanted to get a built in model but didn't want to forego drawer or cabinet space.

I, believe it or not, make my wife a cappy almost every evening and bring her home cookies from the awesome law firms I work in. I foam the milk or half n half in a nespresso former and use the keurig for the coffee for it. Definitely not ideal but she loves it, especially when I bring it in to her while she's watching tv.

Years back we had a real machine but it would always clog and so I dumped it.
Louie Zoi, macanmark and fjk737 like this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
First, thank you all.

I was wondering who was going to notice the cord.

It's not a power cord, it's a HDMI cord. I did buy one before the walls were foamed and insulated and it was placed inside the wall. It was an expensive very thick one from bluejeanscables.com

Unfortunately I didn't heed advice and place it in a conduit and my guess is it was either defective, or more likely was roughly handled through subsequent foaming, Sheetrock, painting etc and sometimes the signal will drop. I was therefore forced to get another one that I could no longer run inside the wall. I'm not happy about it. And I do need to take some time and more carefully route it, perhaps place it in a channel that I can paint. It will also go behind the center speaker stand and be mostly unseen. That is if I can build that thing. The instructions are worse than the confusilator.

I need to wait for my very talented wife to get home from the hospital, hopefully in the next day or so, from spinal fusion surgery, to guide me through the build process.
Sorry to hear your talented wife is having back surgery. Wishing her a speedy recovery, so you can be guided
rkirshner, MDJAK and Louie Zoi like this.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post

As for the cappuccino machine, I actually wanted to get a built in model but didn't want to forego drawer or cabinet space.

I, believe it or not, make my wife a cappy almost every evening and bring her home cookies from the awesome law firms I work in. I foam the milk or half n half in a nespresso former and use the keurig for the coffee for it. Definitely not ideal but she loves it, especially when I bring it in to her while she's watching tv.

Years back we had a real machine but it would always clog and so I dumped it.
My advice is never get a built-in one, you never know how long the thing would last. I probably have had more than 10 different machines in the past 10-15 years. Everyday, I make my wife and I morning espressos and evening cappuccinos after dinner. I currently have a Simonelli Musica together with a Baratza Vario grinder, a Saeco Minuto super-auto, a Nespresso Lattissima Pro, and a Nespresso Pixie. I grind and make espressos with the Simonelli, but my favorite one is the Nespresso Lattissima Pro - it's so easy to make good cappuccinos. You just plug in the milk container, pop in the espresso capsule, put a cup underneath, hit a button and voila, perfect cappuccino in the cup. Then you just put the milk container back in the fridge. It's so convenient that I don't foam my milk from the professional Simonelli anymore. Highly recommend the Nespresso Lattissima Pro for all your cafe needs.
MDJAK likes this.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

I felt movement.....................
Oh yea, definitely movement!
MDJAK likes this.

Rhodium Silver, Luxor beige, brushed alum, Prem Package Plus-14 way, PDLS, Bose, auto dim mirrors, heated seats frt & rear, steering wheel, vented frt seats, pano roof, entry and drive, delete model, smoker pack, park assist frt & rear with surround camera, 20" sports with colored crest, crest on front head rest. Lane change assist, Received 3/18/16 MY2017.