User Tag List

207Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Default List your discount!

For the benefit of people purchasing the Macan I think it would be great if people who have already made a deal can list what discount they received and at what dealer.

No need to name the SA, just the dealer and location. With this info we can all approach dealers and show that some are indeed receiving discounts and we can take our business elsewhere.

PLEASE DONT COMMENT TO SAY
YOU DIDNT GET A DISCOUNT

djs2303 likes this.

Macan S | Dark Blue | PP+ | 21" Turbo Wheels | Saddle Brown | AS/ PASM/ ACC/ PAS | SS Skidplate F&R | Black Trim/ Rails | Walnut interior | Del Model Des | Rear fascia/ 3-Zone/ Smoking/ Com lighting/ Col Crest

Last edited by shaunmed; 11-25-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)

Park Place Porsche Dallas - waived the destination fee, waived 1k off price, threw in tint and floor matts.

Going to see if they can do the opticoat and clear bras for lights at a discount too once it gets here.

Delivered 2/2/2015 | Macan Turbo | Agate Grey | Partial Garnet 18-way | Piano Black Trim | 20" RS Spyders | High Gloss Black Trim | Premium Package Plus | 3-Zone Climate | Comfort Lighting | Black Bi-Xenon Headlamps | Smoking Package | Thermal Noise Insulated Privacy Glass |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by Kazowi; 11-25-2014 at 01:31 PM.
post #3 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)

I am proud to have paid full price, after all, the car is worth every penny.
post #4 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by remgb View Post
$1000 off MSRP... No penny discount on anything else nor any freebies... All I got was a fricking key chain with dealer information. I removed it immediately...
which dealer?

Macan S | Dark Blue | PP+ | 21" Turbo Wheels | Saddle Brown | AS/ PASM/ ACC/ PAS | SS Skidplate F&R | Black Trim/ Rails | Walnut interior | Del Model Des | Rear fascia/ 3-Zone/ Smoking/ Com lighting/ Col Crest
post #5 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Garage

To be fair (it's the scientist in me) is it fair to show that deals are being made and ask our dealer "why won't you discount when others are?" True, others are. But what if the reality is that only 5% of the deals made include a discount worth mentioning? Are we setting ourselves up for frustration when we think everyone is getting a deal and we aren't? I ask this because of the request to exclude deals that didn't have discounts.

I'm game for either way, but prefer to know the playing field. I'd hate to go in and leave in a tiff because I couldn't get a discount when I thought everyone else was getting one.
Jammer, Stevec717, djs2303 and 1 others like this.

Warp speed now! And don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunmed View Post
For the benefit of people purchasing the Macan I think it would be great if people who have already made a deal can list what discount they received and at what dealer.

No need to name the SA, just the dealer and location. With this info we can all approach dealers and show that some are indeed receiving discounts and we can take our business elsewhere.

PLEASE DONT COMMENT TO SAY
YOU DIDNT GET A DISCOUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunmed View Post
which dealer?
Sorry, I saw your original post update and do not care to reply. It is important to be more courteous when you post a request to fellow forum members.

Unfortunately this is not a one off in your case...

RJMcInnis, shaunmed, JRB and 2 others like this.

Macan S : Silver/Black AS, PTV+,ACC, LCA/LKA,PP,PCM
post #7 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 464 Post(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Garage

My dealer would not allow any discounts, the joy of living on an isolated island.

My solution was to pay a big deposit via credit card to get cash back. I could only do $2500 at a time though, that was their limit. I made it to $12500 before they decided I couldn't deposit anymore. I wanted to get to $30K-$40K, so that is disappointing.

Sort of my own fault. I didn't realize my SA was walking a grey area as far as deposits. He was out, and I asked his tag team member to add deposit... Think I got my SA in trouble. I honestly didn't know, or I would have just waited or come back the next day.

Oh well.
djs2303 likes this.

DELIVERED 31st Dec 2014. Happy New Year!

post #8 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by remgb View Post
Sorry, I saw your original post update and do not care to reply. It is important to be more courteous when you post a request to fellow forum members.

Unfortunately this is not a one off in your case....
I'm trying to compile a list for the benefit of people getting the best price they can on a car. I don't think saying you're happy that you payed full price has to do with the post topic, so I asked to exclude those posts. Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities. Next time I'll as pretty please with a cherry on top and sugar canes too.

post #9 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)

3K off msrp here no matter what the final build was... I negotiated/secured it back in May when my build's msrp was 60,870. It was delivered just over a week ago and my msrp ended up as 66,685 due to adding many more options.

Current: '16 Macan Turbo- Carrara White / Blk Leather Pkg / Garnet Red Belts / Prem Pkg Plus / AS+PASM / PSE+Blk Tips / LCA+LKA / 21" Sport Classic Platinum Satin / Blk Rails / Gloss Blk Trim / Comfort Lights / Smoke Pkg / PCM Nav+Bose / 18ways / 3zCC / CF Blades / CF Steering Wheel / CF Int Pkg / Illuminated Alum Door Sills
+
'16 Cayman GT4 (Carmine Red, LWBS, PCCB, Yellow & CF Int, PCM/Nav/SC)
'15 Shelby GT350 w/ Track pkg
'16 Focus RS
'15 EvolutionX FE
'15 Ram 1500 Sport Hemi 4x4
post #10 of 588 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
3K off msrp here... negotiated/secured it back in May and delivered just over a week ago.
Very nice! Thank you Stingray, may I ask where?