10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Ontario, Canada Macan Buyers

Hello I am new to this forum and am prospective buyer of 2017 Macan GTS,

From my understand, it is really difficult to get a discount on the Macan. However, when it comes down to fees, I have some room for adjustments.

What are some fees that are not mandatory and can be waivered/negotiaged?

Thank you all for your help an have a wonderful day.

Sinerely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)

Welcome. Use the search icon to read threads about discounts. Some members are posting 5% to 7% off of MSRP .

Fees? Depends on where you're at ect but must destination fees are non negotiable and any other fees may be specific to a country, state or dealer. Good luck .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

Definitely no 5-7% discounts in Ontario. Expect $0 to maybe $1,500 if you're a regular customer of your dealership of choice. The OMVIC fee is waived by downtown and their $299 admin is probably the lowest (or was). Winter mats or an oil change are the usual "discounts".
Mark's M likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmoss View Post
Definitely no 5-7% discounts in Ontario. Expect $0 to maybe $1,500 if you're a regular customer of your dealership of choice. The OMVIC fee is waived by downtown and their $299 admin is probably the lowest (or was). Winter mats or an oil change are the usual "discounts".
Yep, that about sums it up. I purchased 3 Porsches from my dealer and service 5 Porsches there and I got $500 off my Macan back in late 2014. Hard to tell really since it could have just been an adjustment on my trade (2014 Cayman S). Things may have changed now that the supply is better.
Mark's M likes this.

2015 Macan S, Agate Grey, AS/PASM/PTV, 20" SD, Tow hitch and roof rails, No sunroof
1973 911S, Ivory White, MT5
1973 911RS, White/Blue, MT5
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)

Forget about discounts you should be trying to secure an allocation
Macanuck, Mark's M and 981GTS like this.

2017 Macan GTS "STORMTROOPER" - Delivered Jan 28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 S4 - Gone
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsong840804 View Post
Hello I am new to this forum and am prospective buyer of 2017 Macan GTS,

From my understand, it is really difficult to get a discount on the Macan. However, when it comes down to fees, I have some room for adjustments.

What are some fees that are not mandatory and can be waivered/negotiaged?

Thank you all for your help an have a wonderful day.

Sinerely.
Where are you in Ontario? Greater GTHA area dealers are now about 6 months (conservative) to 1 year out on an "ordered to spec" GTS which would likely come in as an '18 MY which go into production either Aug or Sep. Rest of the info above, NOT including WHT TGR's who is American, is about correct. Good luck.

Scheduled GTS Build: 11 April 2017
GTS Delivery: 12 May 2017
Currently Drives: 2016 M3 Individual "One of One"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)

watch out for vin etching admin fee which could be as high as $400. Just say no, you do have the rights in Ontario to tell dealer to delete this (as an upsell). If dealer refuses, then you can file an official report to OMVIC which dealer will be fined or in the extreme worst case scenario, their dealership license can be suspended ... well, at least I doubt dealers are this stupid to fight with the customer on this bogus fee to begin with.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
watch out for vin etching admin fee which could be as high as $400. Just say no, you do have the rights in Ontario to tell dealer to delete this (as an upsell). If dealer refuses, then you can file an official report to OMVIC which dealer will be fined or in the extreme worst case scenario, their dealership license can be suspended ... well, at least I doubt dealers are this stupid to fight with the customer on this bogus fee to begin with.
Is that lumped in to our GTA areas' regular Admin Fees line or separate with Porsche? All of my BMW's had this as a separate item over and above the normal Admin Fee rip-off. My Admin Fee is $499 but there isn't anything else other than minor gov't fluff (OMVIC, Tire & A/C Tax) on the contract.

Scheduled GTS Build: 11 April 2017
GTS Delivery: 12 May 2017
Currently Drives: 2016 M3 Individual "One of One"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)

vin etching admin fee is listed on its own.

dealer in question is Pfaff. My deal was done in Spring 2014. I told my SA "No" to this fee and he has no problem and took it off the final sales agreement, otherwise, I could have reported this infraction to OMVIC and would not have bought the car from Pfaff as a result. Whether if this is still happening at Pfaff, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Is that lumped in to our GTA areas' regular Admin Fees line or separate with Porsche? All of my BMW's had this as a separate item over and above the normal Admin Fee rip-off. My Admin Fee is $499 but there isn't anything else other than minor gov't fluff (OMVIC, Tire & A/C Tax) on the contract.
Mark's M likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Ok

My experience is that yes there are discounts to be had. True, demand is high and supply is low and you are probably looking at 6 months to a year wait.

At this point I would recommend putting a deposit on an MY18 which will likely have some face lift enhancement. It's worth the wait if you are not desperate for transportation.

Good luck and welcome.