Seen at school today - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

 12Likes
  • 6 Post By MarkInMd
  • 1 Post By wkearney99
  • 2 Post By Deep Mistry
  • 1 Post By MarkInMd
  • 2 Post By Jammer
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MarkInMd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Default Seen at school today

Every so often when dropping my kids off at school I am treated to the sight of a car that is rises above the norm. There are plenty of Cayennes and Panameras not to mention Teslas and other high end cars. One day I dropped them off and parked next to a Ferrari 488 GTB. A few weeks later there was a McLaren 675LT Spyder. That was followed closely by a Porsche 918 Spyder. On seeing that I had to inquire as to who is dropping their kids off at school in these cars!? It turns out that it's all the same guy and he isn't dropping his kids off because they have graduated but he's still on the board of trustees. He clearly has an amazing collection of modern supercars but today I was parked next to this: a pristine 1964 Porsche 356. His collection may be even nicer than I thought. Although I question his decision to drive this beauty on a day with so much salt on the roads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-2017-01-10 07.42.59.jpg (430.5 KB, 162 views)
RJMcInnis, WHT TGR, erpk and 3 others like this.

2016 S Sapphire Blue w/ Agate - AS/PASM,PTV+, Suncoast SC, RS Spyders, Prem Pkg, Adaptive CC w/ PAS, LCA, LKA, 14-way Ventilation, Comfort Ltg, Carbon Steering Wheel, Hitch, Rear Painted Fascia, Black window trim, HD Radio -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MarkInMd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bethesda, MD USA
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInMd View Post
Although I question his decision to drive this beauty on a day with so much salt on the roads.
Because he can.
981GTS likes this.
wkearney99 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInMd View Post
Every so often when dropping my kids off at school I am treated to the sight of a car that is rises above the norm. There are plenty of Cayennes and Panameras not to mention Teslas and other high end cars. One day I dropped them off and parked next to a Ferrari 488 GTB. A few weeks later there was a McLaren 675LT Spyder. That was followed closely by a Porsche 918 Spyder. On seeing that I had to inquire as to who is dropping their kids off at school in these cars!? It turns out that it's all the same guy and he isn't dropping his kids off because they have graduated but he's still on the board of trustees. He clearly has an amazing collection of modern supercars but today I was parked next to this: a pristine 1964 Porsche 356. His collection may be even nicer than I thought. Although I question his decision to drive this beauty on a day with so much salt on the roads.
Maryland tag spotted.. Virginia here.. my new black macan is now white .. Salt sucks
Louie Zoi and programmatore like this.


2017 Macan S
Black on Black w/t Red seatbelts, Red Dials, High gloss black window trims, Premium Package Plus, LED Headlights, Sports Chrono, Tow Hitch, Heated steering wheel, Navigation module.
Deep Mistry is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MarkInMd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Mistry View Post
Maryland tag spotted.. Virginia here.. my new black macan is now white .. Salt sucks
Yup. My kids informed me yesterday that the Mcan was in desperate need of a bath, but it's supposed to rain for the next two days so it'll have to wait.
Deep Mistry likes this.

2016 S Sapphire Blue w/ Agate - AS/PASM,PTV+, Suncoast SC, RS Spyders, Prem Pkg, Adaptive CC w/ PAS, LCA, LKA, 14-way Ventilation, Comfort Ltg, Carbon Steering Wheel, Hitch, Rear Painted Fascia, Black window trim, HD Radio -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MarkInMd is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
programmatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Washington, DC Metro Area
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Same here. Black Macan GTS in Vienna, VA. I've been wanting to at least power wash the salt off but afraid of getting the driveway wet and turning it into a skating rink!

.:programmatore:.

2017 Porsche Macan GTS (Porsche Experience Center Atlanta Delivery #114)
2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Gone)
2000 Porsche 996 Cabriolet (Gone)
programmatore is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,192
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInMd View Post
.....
Although I question his decision to drive this beauty on a day with so much salt on the roads.
From what you described, perhaps he views the 356 as his junker? The last time I had to strap down the hood of my car was with an old Triumph Herald.
RJMcInnis and Louie Zoi like this.
Jammer is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome