User Tag List

55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Default Ordered Panamera E-hybrid

In short. I cancelled my Macan Turbo PP order and ordered the Panamera e-hybrid istead
Expected delivery in April (March build).

I'm so excited and the launch of the hybrid and the price point really did tick all my boxes! We have huge rebates over here for Hybrids with taxes etc so it will be cheaper in the end than the Macan Turbo that I had on order even though the official price is more expensive. Also have charging right beside my parking spot in my garage which is very conenient and free!

Yeah, I know, I know, completely different car, bigger than the Macan and all that.. But hey, this will be fun! I had a test drive in the old Pana just recently and liked it very much and didn't felt it was too long/big. Felt sporty in a different way than the Macan and the new model should be even better and design wise looks great. The new tech is so compelling and the new interior should not be a disappointment either.

Have gone for a Night Blue metallic with the Sport Design exterior package, Panoroof, Porsche Innodrive, PSE, LED matrix headlights, 21" turbo wheels, 18-way seats, plus some more goodies. Will have time before lockdown so will fiddle around a bit with the spec.

Regarding interior, will go for either black full leather or the black/crayon. Leaning towards the black/crayon.

What not to like?
(except that the white does not suit the car imo)

NETX, remgb, RJMcInnis and 11 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
In short. I cancelled my Macan Turbo PP order and ordered the Panamera e-hybrid istead
Expected delivery in April (March build).

I'm so excited and the launch of the hybrid and the price point really did tick all my boxes! We have huge rebates over here for Hybrids with taxes etc so it will be cheaper in the end than the Macan Turbo that I had on order even though the official price is more expensive. Also have charging right beside my parking spot in my garage which is very conenient and free!

Yeah, I know, I know, completely different car, bigger than the Macan and all that.. But hey, this will be fun! I had a test drive in the old Pana just recently and liked it very much and didn't felt it was too long/big. Felt sporty in a different way than the Macan and the new model should be even better and design wise looks great. The new tech is so compelling and the new interior should not be a disappointment either.

Have gone for a Night Blue metallic with the Sport Design exterior package, Panoroof, Porsche Innodrive, PSE, LED matrix headlights, 21" turbo wheels, 18-way seats, plus some more goodies. Will have time before lockdown so will fiddle around a bit with the spec.

Regarding interior, will go for either black full leather or the black/crayon. Leaning towards the black/crayon.

What not to like?
(except that the white does not suit the car imo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8efBIK_9Duo

The Panamera grows on you. I think it works in White in the GTS model with the right wheels etc. Congrats on your choice!!!

Current:
2017 VG Macan S
718 Boxster
2016 Panamera GTS
Former:
2014 911 4S
2015 Cayenne S
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)

Congrats!

New Panamera is going to be awesome.

Looking forward to your update here, but wondering what is the best Panny forum?
TripleL and Luke like this.

2017 Porsche Macan S. Volcano Grey with RS Spyders and my carefully curated set of options.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)

I've not seen one in blue but here this picture in black, it is real stunning.

WHT TGR, Luke, drakarmacan and 1 others like this.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Garage

Lovely!

I have done three configurations of the hybrid panny this weekend - but I won't order one; I'm very happy with the Macan GTS, although may be in a couple of years... who knows. In my configs I have always selected the (free) black calipers option. That acid green color kills the look of the car (just my taste). One option that's also been on all three configs is the PSE; I don't think I would apss on that on any Porsche now that I have got used to it.

I'll be looking forward to delivery and your first thoughts on your new car, although it's still a long way to go. Congratulations!
WHT TGR and Luke like this.

Proud owner of a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
since March 12, 2016.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Quoted: 1585 Post(s)

Congrats Luke ! Nice car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Luke likes this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABusLux View Post
Lovely!

I have done three configurations of the hybrid panny this weekend - but I won't order one; I'm very happy with the Macan GTS, although may be in a couple of years... who knows. In my configs I have always selected the (free) black calipers option. That acid green color kills the look of the car (just my taste). One option that's also been on all three configs is the PSE; I don't think I would apss on that on any Porsche now that I have got used to it.

I'll be looking forward to delivery and your first thoughts on your new car, although it's still a long way to go. Congratulations!
Thanks!

Agree regarding the PSE. Think will be cool to have both a great sounding exhaust on those spirited drives in Sport Plus and then switch to stealth mode when commuting in the city centers at low speeds. All major negative aspects of the old panamera hybrid has been sorted with this new one which is great news. PDK (instead of tiptronic), 4wd instead of 2wd and also impressive changes to the drivetrain and estimated e-range.

Understand your comment about the acid green calipers, but not sure that they are that much in your face IRL. In the configurator they stand out extremely much and look strange. I looked at a black Cayenne Hybrid yesterday at my dealership and thought it looked cool with the hybrid specific acid green calipers and they don't stand out that much. Have you seen them in the flesh? They are part of the Porsche hybrid DNA and on 918 it looks great I think. But we'll see in the end how I proceed and if the black might win in the long run.
NETX, Pokerhobo, WHT TGR and 1 others like this.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Garage

Like the option list and spec!
Luke likes this.

May 29, 2015 (Delivered):
MY15 Macan S - White w/ Garnet Red Interior | Premium | SC | PASM | 20" SD Wheels | Window Trim in High-Gloss Black | 14-Way | 3-Zone CC | LCA | Comfort Lighting | Steering Wheel Heating | Smoking Package | Model Designation Deleted
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Thanks!

Agree regarding the PSE. Think will be cool to have both a great sounding exhaust on those spirited drives in Sport Plus and then switch to stealth mode when commuting in the city centers at low speeds. All major negative aspects of the old panamera hybrid has been sorted with this new one which is great news. PDK (instead of tiptronic), 4wd instead of 2wd and also impressive changes to the drivetrain and estimated e-range.

Understand your comment about the acid green calipers, but not sure that they are that much in your face IRL. In the configurator they stand out extremely much and look strange. I looked at a black Cayenne Hybrid yesterday at my dealership and thought it looked cool with the hybrid specific acid green calipers and they don't stand out that much. Have you seen them in the flesh? They are part of the Porsche hybrid DNA and on 918 it looks great I think. But we'll see in the end how I proceed and if the black might win in the long run.
Yes, I've seen them at thea dealer, on a Panamera (v1) and a Cayenne. Perhaps the issue is that they were both white with silver rims.
Luke likes this.

Proud owner of a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
since March 12, 2016.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)

How different is it from the older Panamera hybrid model? I had one as a loaner and I did not like it. Hope the new one is different.
RJMcInnis likes this.

Delivered on 02/11/2015: Macan S Agate Gray | Black Int w/carbon fiber | 20" RS with colored crest cap | 14-way Seats | PASM/AS | Prem+ | High Gloss Trim | Rear Fascia and Side Blades painted | Park Assist/cam | Heated Steering Wheel | LCA | 3-Zone | Smoking Pkg | Comfort Lighting |