239Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrralis1 View Post
Wow !! They finally did some liposuction to the rear end .

Thus .. On a scale of 1-10 judging pure aesthetics of a few Porsche rear end designs ... Here's my opinion ..

1) 991.2 C4S .. This breaks the scale and might even go above 10 . it is by far the best looking rear design . It's a 10.

2) Macan .. 9.5 .. The only thing which makes it less than a 10 is the existence of the C4S .

3) 991.2 and 991.2S - 9.5 without the sport exhaust . The new sport exhaust somewhat ruins it .

4) Current Boxster -- 7.8 -- The front end design is a 10 . The rear isn't a 10.

5) 718 -- 8.5 -- Great improvement .

6) Current Panamera and 991 Cab are at the bottom of the list .. with a 1 . the only reason its not a zero is because it looks like Porsche tried so they get a point for the effort .

The new Panamera -- Gets 7.5 . That's a huge jump from a 1 !!! This makes it the the most improved rear end makeover but it's still not anywhere near the C4S !!!

And there you have it ladies and gernts . Our official Porsche butt rating . Thanks Larry

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yrralis1 likes this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 236 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Garage

That interior is amazing. WANT.
post #23 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santastico View Post
Loved the headlights. Is that LED? Does that already make the new LED on the Macan outdated?
What headlights? It is just printed stickers covering the headlight housing. The headlights and tail lights are some of the most covered up areas on these mules and the stickers is supposed to give them the look for how the old panamera looks. The 4-dot led seems to remain (can see this through the sticker when the headlight is turned on). Maybe they develop the LED headlights even further with matrix functionality etc, but we'll probably know more about that within a couple of weeks.
post #24 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 1649 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobobbie View Post
That interior is amazing. WANT.
Notice how they did away with all the buttons . I wonder if the next gen Macan will follow the same lead . It's very clean .
post #25 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Notice how they did away with all the buttons . I wonder if the next gen Macan will follow the same lead . It's very clean .
You can stop wondering. All the interior inventions and design changes in the Panamera interior will derive to the other models. Cayenne will be next up when introduced running on the new Q7 platform. The question is more if Macan will get a mid term facelift with only minor updates, or if they will offer 95B.1 for longer time period and move directly to the new updated interior scheme and at the same time change platform for Macan derived from the new Q5 platform. A facelifted Macan will most likely not get the interior re-design, the next gen model will. Question is when in time this will happen. Interesting to say the least, but it will probably be a couple of years away for the Macan - unfortunately.
PygmyOctopus likes this.
post #26 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 1649 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
You can stop wondering. All the interior inventions and design changes in the Panamera interior will derive to the other models. Cayenne will be next up when introduced running on the new Q7 platform. The question is more if Macan will get a mid term facelift with only minor updates, or if they will offer 95B.1 for longer time period and move directly to the new updated interior scheme and at the same time change platform for Macan derived from the new Q5 platform. A facelifted Macan will most likely not get the interior re-design, the next gen model will. Question is when in time this will happen. Interesting to say the least, but it will probably be a couple of years away for the Macan - unfortunately.
I don't think switching over to a touchscreen has to wait for a full redesign . why do you think it does ?
post #27 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I don't think switching over to a touchscreen has to wait for a full redesign . why do you think it does ?
I'm of course just speculating. But my speculation build upon how Porsche usually do for facelifts. Look at the updates from Panamera mk1 -> mk2, 997.1 -> 997.2, 991.1 -> 991.2, Cayenne 958.1 -> 958.2 and so on. The updates to the facelift has never to date updated the panels in the interior nor any major changes to the exterior. Front and rear lights and front/back bumpers changed on exterior. For the interior it has been updated PCM (still within the original .1 frame), new steering wheel, some new interior colors, and so on. But e.g. the instrument cluster and general cockpit layout has stayed the same.

So a instrument cluster change for the Macan and also a change to new gear lever, completely re-design center console with touch buttons, etc, will not happen in Macan 95B.2 (if it will come). These major re-designs to the interior is probably saved for the "new" Macan that build on the MLB platform (new A4, new 2018 Q5, etc). When the new macan will be introduced on this new platform is still a big questionmark. Maybe in 2019 as MY20? Let's hope for earlier, but since the Macan sell so well in it current setup, and that it also got the new PCM for MY17 and new LED headlights (kind of a mini-facelift) means that they can push the next gen Macan a few more years ahead.
post #28 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 236 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Garage

The one thing I don't get perusing all the camouflage Panameras is why some have the rear wing as one piece and others have it split down the middle. We know it's going to raise up but why split it into two?

And yep I love the buttonless new interior. Given the previous Panny heralded Porshe's new interior design last time around I'm guessing this will be the future of Porsche interiors.
post #29 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I'm of course just speculating. But my speculation build upon how Porsche usually do for facelifts. Look at the updates from Panamera mk1 -> mk2, 997.1 -> 997.2, 991.1 -> 991.2, Cayenne 958.1 -> 958.2 and so on. The updates to the facelift has never to date updated the panels in the interior nor any major changes to the exterior. Front and rear lights and front/back bumpers changed on exterior. For the interior it has been updated PCM (still within the original .1 frame), new steering wheel, some new interior colors, and so on. But e.g. the instrument cluster and general cockpit layout has stayed the same.

So a instrument cluster change for the Macan and also a change to new gear lever, completely re-design center console with touch buttons, etc, will not happen in Macan 95B.2 (if it will come). These major re-designs to the interior is probably saved for the "new" Macan that build on the MLB platform (new A4, new 2018 Q5, etc). When the new macan will be introduced on this new platform is still a big questionmark. Maybe in 2019 as MY20? Let's hope for earlier, but since the Macan sell so well in it current setup, and that it also got the new PCM for MY17 and new LED headlights (kind of a mini-facelift) means that they can push the next gen Macan a few more years ahead.
I suspect the next Cayenne will come in at a similar weight to the Macan. Between that and the new Q5/RSQ5 there'll be pressure on Porsche to move the Macan to the MLB evo platform as soon as they can.

My SA even mentioned a couple of months ago that he doubted we'll see a faclelift for the 95B. I'd also guess that they're selling so many Macans it won't be difficult to make a business case for say a 5 year model life, rather than the usual 7

Sold:'15 Macan turbo: rhodium silver, red/black interior, 21'' turbo design, ACC, PSE, SC + stuff
'17 Macan turbo: White, red/black interior, 21'' SC, ACC, PSE, SC + more stuff
post #30 of 239 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobobbie View Post
The one thing I don't get perusing all the camouflage Panameras is why some have the rear wing as one piece and others have it split down the middle. We know it's going to raise up but why split it into two?

And yep I love the buttonless new interior. Given the previous Panny heralded Porshe's new interior design last time around I'm guessing this will be the future of Porsche interiors.
I'm sure you're right.
But it seems a big jump for Porsche to go from a position of "we need a separate button for every function" - to button-less touch screens in a single bound.
gradyex and tothelimit2029 like this.

Sold:'15 Macan turbo: rhodium silver, red/black interior, 21'' turbo design, ACC, PSE, SC + stuff
'17 Macan turbo: White, red/black interior, 21'' SC, ACC, PSE, SC + more stuff