239Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #231 of 239 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobobbie View Post
Please stop this discussion about the Pajun, I have been desperate to get my hands on one for long enough!!!
You know it's going to happen. There's no way they don't translate the winning formula of the Macan i.e. a smaller Cayenne over to the Panamera. They just have to finish milking the Macan, so the Turbo S has to come first and then when demand decelerates and capacity frees up, then. We love the brand for sure, but if you step back from it these guys are absolutely ruthless when it comes to marketing. They milk every fraction of their capacity for maximum profitability.

The CUV had to come first, it was the hot segment, no way the Pajun came first.
gobobbie, NETX and L_K like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 239 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1469 Post(s)

reminds me of a low Macan

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #233 of 239 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 11:53 PM
RJE

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHT TGR View Post

That was exactly what I saw in this picture as well. Not bad I'm thinkin'.
WHT TGR likes this.

Waited patiently (?) for GTS ordered May 15, September 6 birthday, picked up October 21.
post #234 of 239 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Garage

Today I passed by the Porsche center of Geneva (not Lake Geneva in the US, but the Swiss city ) as they had the presentation of the new Panamera. They had a 4S and the Turbo, and I must say that they don't really look good; they look awesome. I can imagine owning one. A hybrid, perhaps?

The one thing I did not like at all is the new console. To start with, there are almost no buttons, something I have come to appreciate thanks to the Macan. After having been touched by dozens of hands during the day the consoles I saw today were full of fingerprints (OK, it can be cleaned, but if one is a bit OCD about fingerprints that could drive a person nuts), and I suppose that after a few months the surface will show scratches -- unless it is some sort of (truly) sratch-resistant surface.
NETX, RJMcInnis, Jammer and 1 others like this.

Proud owner of a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
since March 12, 2016.
post #235 of 239 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHT TGR View Post
How low can you go to remind you of something you now own?
WHT TGR likes this.

Macan GTS - carmine red, agate/pebble gray
991.2 Cab - gt silver, black/bordeaux red, manual, PSE
991 Turbo S - sapphire blue, espresso
post #236 of 239 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)

the ultimate solution for the interior as well ... I got you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABusLux View Post
Today I passed by the Porsche center of Geneva (not Lake Geneva in the US, but the Swiss city ) as they had the presentation of the new Panamera. They had a 4S and the Turbo, and I must say that they don't really look good; they look awesome. I can imagine owning one. A hybrid, perhaps?

The one thing I did not like at all is the new console. To start with, there are almost no buttons, something I have come to appreciate thanks to the Macan. After having been touched by dozens of hands during the day the consoles I saw today were full of fingerprints (OK, it can be cleaned, but if one is a bit OCD about fingerprints that could drive a person nuts), and I suppose that after a few months the surface will show scratches -- unless it is some sort of (truly) sratch-resistant surface.
post #237 of 239 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)

As I posted here I was able to see the first Panamera that arrived in the US during a Porsche event here in Minneapolis couple months ago. I had the same impression as you. I love the buttons on my Macan and the new Panamera has almost none. It is all touch screen and I would be very concerned that console would scratch. I can protect my iPhone screen but I cannot protect the entire Porsche console. One thing that I really liked the is the size of the screen and the new instrument cluster which is all LCD but the tachometer which is still the most important in a Porsche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABusLux View Post

ABusLux likes this.

Delivered on 02/11/2015: Macan S Agate Gray | Black Int w/carbon fiber | 20" RS with colored crest cap | 14-way Seats | PASM/AS | Prem+ | High Gloss Trim | Rear Fascia and Side Blades painted | Park Assist/cam | Heated Steering Wheel | LCA | 3-Zone | Smoking Pkg | Comfort Lighting |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #238 of 239 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 777 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)

Geez, looks like they glued an iPad to the dash. Yuck.
post #239 of 239 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
Geez, looks like they glued an iPad to the dash. Yuck.
No worries bud, your Raptor dash will blow it out of the water.......
RJMcInnis and RJE like this.

2016 Macan S, | Dark Blue Metallic | Espresso Leather | 20" Spyders | Premium Package Plus | Infotainment | AS | PTV+ | SC | Power Steering Plus | LCA-LKA | Surround View | SD Package with Side Skirts | Side Blades Car Color | Comfort Lighting | Aluminum Rails | Bose | Colored Wheel Crests |