An open letter to new buyers and code debaters... - Page 8 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #71 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrralis1 View Post
Do you recommend this is his first drive ? I tend to feel that if he drives the car on familiar roads as if it belonged to him he'd get an idea if this car works for him . Of course he can't test the car's limits but i feel a first drive is kinda like a first date or dipping ones toes in a pool. It's a matter of getting acquainted. He'll have plenty of time to rock the 911 car's full monte potential.
That is a good point, however with most short dealer test drives, it is difficult to distinguish the virtues of one car over another beyond the immediate visual and superficial qualities.

And there is something to say for being a Porsche "virgin" and and going "all the way" on your "first date". And after its over, just thinking WOW, is that what its like. And being hooked on Porsches for the rest of your life.

(Because that is what happened to me!!!)
RJMcInnis, ave and sfNative like this.

2017 GTS in Carmine Red with Black/Garnet Red Interior. Delivered March 2016. Porsche build code is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

The Turbo we ordered came in at a little over 100k until my wife stepped in and added a few more options to the original build. We could have eliminated some of them but after delivery we didn't want to say I should have gotten that. The best option is the Burmester radio and the great sounds it produces, sure its expensive but how can you put a price on enjoyment.
RJMcInnis and MDJAK like this.
post #73 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 480 Post(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
@RJMcInnis Have you come across any aftermarket options for Apple Car Play?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

@PIEZON I have not looked to the aftermarket as I don't want to modify my car. I do remember a few threads about products that could be tied into the back of the PCM, but seemed kinda half done so I didn't follow up.

DELIVERED 31st Dec 2014. Happy New Year!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #74 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 780 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)

The one good thing I can say about my original SA (and I wonder if he's still stalking me here. Ya hear that?????? Probably is when he's not super busy as he always claimed he was) is when I finally was ready to test drive the Macan, he tossed me the key. I said aren't you coming with me? He said no, you've been in here a number of times, I know you by now. Go have fun.

That's what sold me on the Macan lock, stock and bagel, or is it pickle barrel? I drove that S like I stole it. Ain't nothing like wagging the tail of that big bad dog around a highway on ramp left hand sweeper.

That's another reason, the opposite in fact, of why I rarely test drive cars. The salesman comes along, blabbing his trap on and on and on about the virtues when chances are I know way more about the car than does he (I should say she, and while I am the furthest thing from a chauvinist, what with 3 older sisters, two daughters, and my dearly departed mom who would have kicked my arse if I was one, I had one female SA years back, she was dishonest and soured me on female car sales persons), the ride is make a right, make a left, and turn around and come back. A complete waste of time.
post #75 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
The one good thing I can say about my original SA (and I wonder if he's still stalking me here. Ya hear that?????? Probably is when he's not super busy as he always claimed he was) is when I finally was ready to test drive the Macan, he tossed me the key. I said aren't you coming with me? He said no, you've been in here a number of times, I know you by now. Go have fun.

That's what sold me on the Macan lock, stock and bagel, or is it pickle barrel? I drove that S like I stole it. Ain't nothing like wagging the tail of that big bad dog around a highway on ramp left hand sweeper.
Given the break in recommendations for the Macan, this is a good example of why you should NEVER buy a demonstrator.

If you see an ad just below my posted text above, it's inserted by the forum owner, not me.
post #76 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Awesome. Just configured my own Macan S today and got a little carried away. After throwing in the extended leather and the 20" Spyder rims, I was way over my budget!!! And this is supposed to be my everyday car while I keep my other car in the garage. Suffice to say, I was suddenly seeing this car slip away! Nice to have read the OP tell me I didn't need everything!
Arnold_T likes this.