An open letter to new buyers and code debaters... - Page 2 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

444Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1469 Post(s)

[quote=CCH22;1412026]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHT TGR View Post
You guys rock !

Weird, you don't sound like 82!!!

Meant, like you guys rock ....in your chairs too ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
NETX, djs2303, SoCalS5 and 4 others like this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage

@Aprilia850 great thread. I intended on purchasing a used '15 S, and after delving into this forum I ordered a '17 GTS for +$25k more. My build still has plenty of desirable recommendations unchecked even after the extra resources of time, info & money. I'm excited about the GTS, and that has a lot to do with the fact that I eventually made peace with my own decisions. There's certainly a need to balance personal aspiration, spouse, budget, SA advice and forum suggestions to Get YOUR Porsche.
Thanks again to the helpful enthusiasts on here that helped me design mine.
Jerry likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SaintDuPree; 02-04-2016 at 12:45 AM.
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage

I'm telling, it's this forum. It sucks you in like a black hole.

I'm very much satisfied with my Macan S. Its the greatest thing I ever rode. I guess my only concern off the options game is, the resale value of it after 1-2years later. Will it be enough for me to afford an upgrade to a GTS? Or maybe a 911? Oh gahd! here it is again! The black hole is gaping back!
sfNative likes this.

"Then I was just looking, Now I am driving, and maaaann... Am I enjoying"
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I agree with all the comments about the config part of the process. I'm pretty sure what I bought might be seen to many as not having this option or that option, but I don't care. I bought this car for me, and I drive it and nobody else does. Where I see value in an option another thinks it is not a good build. Oh well. I really like driving my Macan and thats all there is about it. In the future it may affect resale, but it is hard to put a price on a happy driving experience over trying to stress on going over budget to check some option because someone on the internet said so.
Jerry likes this.
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 777 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Am I really hearing a voice of reason from racerman? Really? Someone who just bought another porsche and is putting quite a few Benjamin's in it to upgrade this and that and the other thing? Someone who has said if he only had the extra HP of the Turbo on the track he'd be basically unbeatable?

Wow, where are the mods when they are needed. This boy needs a good whippin, say I.

And then he sucks the bday boy @WHT TGR and bad boy RJ into the mix?

No way, no how, say I. My first Macan cost a lowly 60 and change and it was bad ass. Awesome machine on steel springs.

My second was low 80's and it was even badder asser.

My current, 90, and even badder asserer.

So, will you be happy going low budget? H e l l yeah. Might you be happier going high budget? He l l yearerer.

Only you can decide.

Hey 850, sir, how much have you dropped on that second porsche thus far? Just curious how bare bones it is.

Puhleeze
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1469 Post(s)

No sucking in from moi here brother MDJAK . Just agreeing with choice . Ta each his or her own on what is baddasserest for their own Macan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
NETX, RJMcInnis, MDJAK and 1 others like this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)

Fair points. Porsche makes a fine base car and options can make it more personal, and to some degree, better. But without this forum, how many early adopters wouldn't have ordered the interior lighting, or the rear ventilation which was so sorely missing its now a stock option. Each of us has their own will power and budget. For me, I was, and remain, ecstatic to have found this forum. So much real world experience and practical advice.
RJMcInnis, MDJAK and Jerry like this.
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvette View Post
I'm a big believer in buying what you can afford plain and simple its not magic there's no secret formula some folks here have really deep pockets and some folks don't.
...and those between deep and not-deep get the GTS!!

ejvette, Hokie and Monarchy88 like this.

2017 MACAN GTS Rhodium Silver*Black Leather Pkg | 20" SD Wheels*Pirelli | PTV+ | PDLS+ | Gloss Black Door Handles | Side Blades in Rhodium Silver | Porsche Entry&Drive | 14-Way Seats*Memory Pkg | LCA | ACC-PAS | ParkAssist*Surround View | Auto-Dimming Mirrors | Steering Wheel Heating | Seat Heating & Ventilation | Dark Walnut Interior Pkg | Instrument Dials in White | Compass on Dashboard*White Dial | NAV*PCM*Connect + | Smoking Pkg | Aluminum-Look Fuel Cap
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)

I love this forum, and I am really going to miss it once my Macan gets here.

Because once it does, I am going to spend most of my free time driving it.
Jerry likes this.

2017 GTS in Carmine Red with Black/Garnet Red Interior. Delivered March 2016. Porsche build code is
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)

@MDJAK I neither argue nor disagree with anything you said. Nor do I begrudge anyone who is in your position or RJ, I love it and think it is nothing short of phenomenal. My post was not targeted at that end of the spectrum. It was intended for the other end of the spectrum who come in, read about all the things they "must have" and somehow feel they will not be happy with their own decision. It was to re-assure them that they would, nothing more...
I also don't discredit the value or advice given and taken on the forum at all to @drew138 's point, nothing of the sort and that should not be implied from what I was saying.

To answer your questions:
Yes, I would ABSOLUTELY love to have a Turbo, it was just out of the budget I set for myself when I priced it out but I just turned 42 so plenty of time to "grow" into things My point was when I am IN MY Macan I don't miss the fact I don't have a Turbo at all, I love and am grateful for where I am and for anyone new and on the fence I am sure they will be too!

As for the Boxster I am actually doing very well thus far... I am being smart about it and if we are honest it has even LESS in it now than when I bought it
As for $$ spent, I bought the car for under 30, I have about another 20 into it thus for however that is with Rennlist, Panjo, Ebay, negotiating with vendors directly and buying $8000 seats for $3500, a $5k hardtop for $2k, $5k wheels for $2k etc etc etc... In "reality" the car should have been 36 and if I added it up I would probably in for another $35 at list prices on parts and labor. So about 71 so far and a few things still to go, or a 2nd Macan I guess. (Don't confuse the Turbo or GTS being out of my budget with not being able to afford it, they are not always synonymous )

BUT........ Look at this How many people can say they have their own bespoke livery for their track car

She is starting to sound pretty nasty too. Much better in person!
NETX, RJMcInnis, 2thguy and 7 others like this.