LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom View Post
If your reason for not getting them is that the Macan will then look more like a car...there are some great deals on remaining 2016 991's.
Except some of us need a useable backseat and a little more cargo room...otherwise I would be all over a 911 GTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)

I ordered an S with rails. Then they announced the GTS. I thought hard about the rails again, as I believe a GTS is more respectful of the GTS heritage without rails. I also think on a dark colour the rails spoil the profile and don't provide the contrast you get with a light colour.

In the end I went VG GTS no rails. When I got the car I compared it with an AG S with rails, side by side. I'm really glad I went without the rails.

I would get rails if you need to carry stuff, otherwise ... No rails on a GTS. But it's your money, get what you want. It'll be awesome either way.
Jshore and ctdw like this.

2017 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey Metallic/Black | 20" RS Spyder | AS/PASM/PSP | LED with PDLS+ | GTS Exterior Package | 18-Way Seats/GTS Std Alcantara package/Carbon Trim/White Instrument Dials/Light Comfort/Panorama Roof/Entry-Drive | Towbar preparation
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Garage

If you're not carrying anything on the roof and just considering looks, I think it comes down to whether you prefer the look of a small CUV or a large hot hatch. For me, I like hatchbacks and prefer the clean roof. Looks more sporty and less utilitarian. Conversely, my LX has a roof rack and ski rack on 365 days a year.

2017 Macan GTS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Cayman GTS 6MT
2006 Lexus LX470

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I have a Dark Blue Metallic. I like the look with chrome roof racks, chrome (standard) window trim, and the standard chrome wheels. It breaks up the dark car, and the three distinct chrome accents frame the car nicely. Would love to post picture, but can't figure out how to transfer from phone to forum!
rigelt and L_K like this.

2017 MacanS, delivered 7/2/16. Night Blue Metallic w/ Black Luxor Beige; Premium Pkg+, Nav, Connect+, LCA, Bose, Heated steering, 14-way thrones, Trophy Wife of 38 yrs in passenger seat.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feels View Post
Hmm. I know this question has been asked for a million times... But I still wondering, does it fit with a VG GTS? ( this is very particular

I placed my order a while ago, and it will be locked by next week. I saw a white GTS with black rail looks very nice. It adds much contrast in white.

It is all for cosmetic purpose, not going to use it. Anyone here had experience with a dark color (Black, VG, etc,) with a black roof rail? And how do you like it?
I've got a Carmine Red GTS with black roof rails and the result looks terrific. It just takes away that blandness of a nude roof. And they are cosmetic only.

Currently in the garage:
2017 Macan GTS , Carmine Red, Sports Chrono, Leather and Alcantara, Pano roof, 20" Black Spyder rims, LCA, tow bar, Porsche Entry, BOSE, black roof rails, Power Steering Plus, Heated front seats, Comfort lighting, Delivered 19 May 2016

2014 Merc E250 Cabriolet in White
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)

I snow board in the winter and camping in the summer. So the trunk is not enough for me to transport my stuff. Therefore a roof rails will always be needed. Afterall it's a SUV/CUV and not a sedan.
WHT TGR likes this.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Roof Transport System

Can anyone with the roof transport system tell me if it whistles at high speed or adds to the cabin noise? I am thinking of ordering a Macan with it but I do a lot of driving and need the interior to be pretty quiet. Also, can the transport system itself be removed when not in use? Thanks!
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

I think the roof rails, on ANY Macan, are FUGLY.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 185483 View Post
Can anyone with the roof transport system tell me if it whistles at high speed or adds to the cabin noise? I am thinking of ordering a Macan with it but I do a lot of driving and need the interior to be pretty quiet. Also, can the transport system itself be removed when not in use? Thanks!
The roof rails are an integral part of the roof and can not be added later. The transport crossbars can be purchased from Porsche as a package with the roof rails or added at a later date. There are also 3rd party vendors which sell crossbars that fit the Porsche rails. There is no discernible noise from the roof rails, and I only put the crossbars on when I am going to use them; and in that case, the kayak, canoe, surfboard, skis etc. are going to create more noise than the crossbars.
Louie Zoi, L_K and 185483 like this.

2017 GTS in Carmine Red with Black/Garnet Red Interior. Delivered March 2016. Porsche build code is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)

+1 for roof rails, had them on my Q5, much prefer that to adding the whole base carrier system like I had on my S4.

One of the advantages is quicker install/removal. You can just add the cross bars when you actually need them and remove afterwards.
Louie Zoi likes this.

2017 Macan GTS "STORMTROOPER" - Delivered Jan 28

2014 S4 - Gone