LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS View Post
....Should I step up to the GTS and pay the price difference? .....
Assuming you were able to negotiate a 5% discount or better, and are paying mid-60's for your car, I'd say you have a very thoughtfully spec'd Macan S.

Given the duration you plan to keep the car, and the lack of performance options on your current S build, I would say don't get a GTS, and stick with your original S build.

All of us have seconded-guessed ourselves after placing a factory order. But usually, all is forgotten once you receive the car. In any configuration, it is a fantastic car.
Have a look at these threads for some insight on how good a bare bones Macan S can be:

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/pors...ay-season.html

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/orde...-debaters.html
slalom38, RJE and Arnold_T like this.

2015 Turbo / White / 20 Spyders / Black Window Trim / CF Sideblades / Espresso with Walnut / Espresso Belts / 14-way Seats / LCA / ACC-PAS / Entry & Drive / Surround View / Insulating Glass / PASM / PTV+ / AS / PCCB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default THIS is What Makes The GTS Different-Alex C

Spent hours, days researching the right car for me. Going from a Honda Pilot and a Carrera C4 Cab down to one car. What shall it be? A Macan for certain, but which Macan? I had actually ordered a well appointed "S" scheduled for arrival in January. Second guessed myself on many occasions, did I make the right decision? I am extremely appreciative of the time Alex C took to explain why "I needed" the GTS rather than the "S" I had ordered. The standard items coupled with a few options sold me. Both cars are incredible automobiles, but each car, each option is driver specific in my opinion. I will be picking up my GTS is early December that was a dealer ordered car. Many thanks Alex C.
Pokerhobo and alex_c like this.
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamS View Post
Spent hours, days researching the right car for me. Going from a Honda Pilot and a Carrera C4 Cab down to one car. What shall it be? A Macan for certain, but which Macan? I had actually ordered a well appointed "S" scheduled for arrival in January. Second guessed myself on many occasions, did I make the right decision? I am extremely appreciative of the time Alex C took to explain why "I needed" the GTS rather than the "S" I had ordered. The standard items coupled with a few options sold me. Both cars are incredible automobiles, but each car, each option is driver specific in my opinion. I will be picking up my GTS is early December that was a dealer ordered car. Many thanks Alex C.

Congrats on the new GTS! Hopefully it I'll be here very soon. I'm glad my post helped you in your decision.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Macan GTS. Volcano Gray, Black Leather Interior, Black RS Spyder Wheels /Summer Tires, Sports Aluminum PDK, Sport Mirrors, Adaptive Cruise / PAS, Ventilated Seats, Sport Chrono, PTV+, Surround View, Air Suspension / PASM, Black Roof Rails, PCM with Navigation, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, LED Headlights, Smoking Package, 18-Way Seats, Premium Package Plus, Rear Sunblinds, Red GTS Logos, Chrome interior accents, Wireless Charger for iPhone, Armrest Tray, Smoked Side Reflectors.

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Excellent breakdown of the GTS. P-Cars are well known for their GTS models and the GTS legacy is well represented by the Macan offering. We made our decision after test driving three models: the S, GTS, and Turbo. In the end we went for the handling prowess of the GTS over the raw power of the Turbo. Driving them reveals their strengths and their weaknesses. The S is a fantastic car and so isn't the Turbo. I have not driven the base model so I can't make any comments on that one. But the GTS was clearly the better corner killer and the driving dynamics were more Porsche than the other two. If you know what I mean. Driving is what these cars are all about and for us the GTS was the quintessential Porsche. As the Macan is recent new line for Porsche, designed to bring the Porsche experience to more buyers, those buyers will have the opportunity to get to see the difference in P-Cars. Hopefully they will grow to appreciate the long legacy of P-cars and the very difficult and complex engineering that make these cars so special. Or you can buy a Canadian built Lexus SUV, an Alabama built MB SUV, or a South Carolina built BMW "sports activity vehicle", whatever that is.
HankRearden likes this.