LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
m32

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Intro and advice

Hey folks,

Just wanted to make a quick intro. 997tt owner here and looking into getting into either a Macan GTS or Turbo. Been doing some research but wanted to ask you all what % discount off MSRP can I realistically get off a new macan at the dealer. The dealer offered me 2% off MSRP and I've read some folks here have gotten 8%. What's a realistic number?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Edwin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
...The dealer offered me 2% off MSRP and I've read some folks here have gotten 8%. What's a realistic number?....
Hello and welcome to the group.

I think 8% is doable if you're willing to shop around, and maybe shop out of state.

We could be in a period now where dealerships are less willing to discount a new 2018 that heavily, when they've still got unsold 2017's. But that should work itself out given a little time.

What area are you located in?

2015 Turbo / White / 20 Spyders / Black Window Trim / CF Sideblades / Espresso with Walnut / Espresso Belts / 14-way Seats / LCA / ACC-PAS / Entry & Drive / Surround View / Insulating Glass / PASM / PTV+ / AS / PCCB
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)

Welcome.

You cannot go wrong with either.

GTS is the best handling.

Turbo has stunning acceleration and a great ride.

Turbo with performance pack has 40bhp more than the Turbo but also has the GTS suspension.

I have a Turbo, with air suspension, spyder wheels, 14 way seats, LEDs and a few other goodies and would not want any other Macan variant.

Macan 1 S diesel, spec scimilar to Turbo
Macan 2 Turbo, Air, PASM, 14 way, SC, PS+, Spyders, Surround Cam, LEDs, Met Black, Garnet, Pano, Privacy Glass, ACC, Alloy PDK, SD mirrors, Interior light and storage packs.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
m32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS5 View Post
Hello and welcome to the group.

I think 8% is doable if you're willing to shop around, and maybe shop out of state.

We could be in a period now where dealerships are less willing to discount a new 2018 that heavily, when they've still got unsold 2017's. But that should work itself out given a little time.

What area are you located in?
I guess I should've clarified the 2% was a build to spec and not for one off the lot. I looked around the country and there's not one to my spec. I'm located in Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrit View Post
Welcome.

You cannot go wrong with either.

GTS is the best handling.

Turbo has stunning acceleration and a great ride.

Turbo with performance pack has 40bhp more than the Turbo but also has the GTS suspension.

I have a Turbo, with air suspension, spyder wheels, 14 way seats, LEDs and a few other goodies and would not want any other Macan variant.
Congrats on your turbo... sounds like a beast. Got any pics?

Edwin
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Garage

The Atlanta and Florida dealerships have typically had the best pricing discounts, including on factory orders. They'll even ship the car to your home if you don't want to fly there and drive it back. You could also consider taking delivery at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, if you don't mind waiting an extra month or so to get on their schedule.

If you get a good quote from an out-of-state dealership, perhaps a local dealership would match it, or come close. Best of luck, and keep us posted!

2015 Turbo / White / 20 Spyders / Black Window Trim / CF Sideblades / Espresso with Walnut / Espresso Belts / 14-way Seats / LCA / ACC-PAS / Entry & Drive / Surround View / Insulating Glass / PASM / PTV+ / AS / PCCB
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
m32

UPDATE: Thanks for everyone that chimed in. I ended up finding a CPO 2016 turbo with 10k miles in Pittsburgh and flew there and drove it home this weekend. It has almost all the options I wanted except for AS. I have to say I've done quite a few road trips in my life and if I was to do a 20hr trip, the macan is definitely a road warrior. Those 20 hours flew by pretty quick!

Btw I love to post photos but have no many post counts I need. Can someone enlighten me?

Edwin
TD Pcar likes this.