User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default Only 1 month old, all 4 center caps stolen

We've only had our Macan for 1 month and already someone has stolen all 4 of our colored center caps which we paid additional money for.

We're hesitant to pay for new ones, thinking they'll just get stolen again in a matter of weeks.

Any ideas? Is there a way to buy a lock for them? I read one post which discussed using silicone, but I'm concerned about them off when we do tires swaps.

If there is no lock for them, recommendations of what to get? Solid black aftermarket?

Feedback greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)

What we all want to know is where do you live
Skinsfan, WHT TGR, d2255 and 2 others like this.

2017 Macan GTS "STORMTROOPER" - Delivered Jan 28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 S4 - Gone
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)

Welcome!

Sorry your first post is about having been victimized by a thief. Sucks.

I think a spot or two of super glue may be in order.
WHT TGR and sapphire2017 like this.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I think a spot or two of super glue may be in order.
That's what I used on both Macan and 996.
sapphire2017 likes this.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)

Where do you live? I park my Macan on the street sometimes and in store parking lots everywhere and had never have any issues.

Delivered on 02/11/2015: Macan S Agate Gray | Black Int w/carbon fiber | 20" RS with colored crest cap | 14-way Seats | PASM/AS | Prem+ | High Gloss Trim | Rear Fascia and Side Blades painted | Park Assist/cam | Heated Steering Wheel | LCA | 3-Zone | Smoking Pkg | Comfort Lighting |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

I called the dealership and they told me I couldn't glue them on because then when the tires need to be changed they need to be removed....is that not accurate?

We live in a good town, but near a high school. Could have been the kids walking home from school. I also don't work in a great neighborhood, so it could have been while at work.

Is there such a thing as a lock? Is it 'not' accurate that it needs to be removed when we go from snow to summer tires?
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly8 View Post
We've only had our Macan for 1 month and already someone has stolen all 4 of our colored center caps which we paid additional money for.

We're hesitant to pay for new ones, thinking they'll just get stolen again in a matter of weeks.

Any ideas? Is there a way to buy a lock for them? I read one post which discussed using silicone, but I'm concerned about them off when we do tires swaps.

If there is no lock for them, recommendations of what to get? Solid black aftermarket?

Feedback greatly appreciated!
Really stinks that this happened! Where do you live? Where were you parked? Was this in the day or night? It would matter because if it was near your home or work, they know your car will be parked there often - and you become a renewable source of booty for these mutts. If its near someplace you randomly parked - mall, store, etc. there's less of a chance that it would happen again. But try the superglue anyhow, won't stop someone dedicated to stealing them but maybe enough deterrence for them to move on.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Hi, I'm still not clear...if we glue them on, do they need to be removed when the tires are swapped?
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Yes, they get removed to place the wheel on to the tire change and balancing machines during tire changes or rotations. You need a special tool, bent wire, or clothes hanger to get those dang things off with the wheels still on the car (push out from behind when off), so not spur of the moment, certainly planned unless people walk around with those sorts of things where you live & work.

2017 Macan S Night Blue Metallic
2014 Lexus GS 350

Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Cayenne S Black
B-1B Grey
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Pcar View Post
Yes, they get removed to place the wheel on to the balancing machine during tire changes or rotations. You need a special tool, bent wire, or clothes hanger to get those dang things off, so not spur of the moment, certainly planned.
That's right, sorry I misread the original post and thought just the crests were missing.

But I believe fakes are available on Ebay at a fraction of the cost. I know the crests are. I've bought them and it's tough to tell the difference.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills