Hello Everyone...Let me Introduce Myself... - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Arrow Hello Everyone...Let me Introduce Myself...

Hi everyone, as the forum name implies, it's Mark and I'm very excited to be here. As the "M" implies, I'm a BMW guy and currently on #16 (a 2016 M3) amongst the dozens of other cars/trucks I've owned over my lifetime. But never a Porsche. They seemed always unobtainable and by the time I could afford one, I was a poster child for BMW and felt I needed to stay. The cars and the company have treated me superbly over the past 25 or so years but I've been on the hunt recently for a DD that would fit everything I do in terms of high performance, hauling the boat, hauling the dogs, a track day once in awhile and oh yeah, getting around all winter without having to worry too much about the elements.

Read a lot about the Macan (actually everything) the past couple of years but just couldn't bring myself to consider another brand. Love the X5/6 M twins and have driven them on track a few times but...they're big and piggish in terms of mileage. And a little over budget the way I'd have either optioned. So off I went to compare a couple of contenders that were approved by the dogs...an F-Pace and the Macan. The Jag was excellent but a bit too SUVish for what I wanted. The Macan was simply brilliant, everything I expected from a Porsche. I drove an S and then the GTS and honestly believed I'd found the perfect vehicle (size, performance, utility, capability, etc) considering that my wish list of what the car needed to do was all over the map.

Ordered a GTS right after the final drive and couldn't be happier...excepting the 9 month wait. And I kept the options simple...just 30k worth lol. Man that Porsche configurator is dangerous. Great experience at Porsche Center Oakville and I'm looking forward to a fun future with them and the new Macan. And this forum of course, very invaluable to date!!
TripleL, yrralis1, 2thguy and 7 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)

Welcome Mark. This is a fun place to hang out and learn a few things and have some laughs. Enjoy your new car. Oh and one more thing, ya gotta send us pics otherwise it's not official
Louie Zoi, Nicky J., Hokie and 2 others like this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome to the club. Be aware though, the Macan can be an entry drug...

Nice to see another Canuck on here.
Mark's M likes this.

Night (was Dark) metallic blue, Agate standard interior, Navigation Module (was Infotainment Package), Premium Package (now with Bose radio), Trailer Hitch, PASM, PSP, 19" Turbo wheels, lane change assist, (now included Light Comfort package),18 way seats,Smoker's package
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)

Hi Mark, welcome. I too am a BMW 'teener', at least I think it's 13. My first was a 1985 635 CSi, red w/ stick and full factory skirt package. Beautiful, sexy. Actually, my wife's dd. Unfortunately, it was unreliable, so soon went to Audi's, MB's, then back to BMW coupes and SUV's. Also had Porsche 911's during this time, so when P came out with SUV's, I couldn't wait. My wife took a little longer, clinging to her choppy-riding X-5's w/ run-flat tires, until our Cayenne GTS, then our current 2 Macans. Love 'em. The X-5 and X-6 M's are 'beasts' as I have stated in prior posts, but a bit 'unwieldy' compared to the Macan. I believe you will find your Macan to be the 'perfect' vehicle as you described. Full disclosure, if you enjoy 'spirited' driving, the Macan will also suck up the fuel. But hey, enjoy the experience!
WHT TGR, Louie Zoi and Mark's M like this.

'15 White S, Std Agate, Dk walnut, 18 way, RS Spyder w/ AS tires, A/S w/ PASM, PP+, Infotain, Body color side blades, LCA, 3-zone, Bose, Comfort lghtg, Hi gloss black, roof rails, smoking pckg (Wife's dd)

'17 GTS 'stripper'; VG, Agate/Pebble, 14-way, RS Spyders, E&D, LCA, SC, Seat vent, Nav (my dd)
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

woah 9 months wait!!!!!! thats quite a while. did u call around?

Macan GTS Volcano grey, 21 Turbo classics

Formerly 2011 Acura MDX/
04 E55 Mercedes / 10 Audi Q5 / 68 Camaro SS / Ducati Monster S4RS
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nendo View Post
woah 9 months wait!!!!!! thats quite a while. did u call around?
No I decided to keep my business local and went with Porsche Center Oakville. They treated me very, very well but their allocations aren't quite what Pfaff (Toronto) can do.....a friend told me their custom ordered GTS's are at about the 6 month mark. There were a few on lots in my part of the province of course but none were equipped anywhere near the build I wanted. All I can do is hope that an allocation comes available a bit sooner...and that they sell a boatload of the 4cyl versions to make way for mine lol.
Bluestraveler likes this.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Hi, Big welcome and Congratulations - great choices !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark's M likes this.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 11:22 PM
RJE

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Welcome @Mark's M . You're 9 month wait makes my 5 month wait seem like a breeze (which it has not been!). My wait will be up hopefully next week so it eventually does come to an end.

The primary function of this list is to get you to spend more of your hard earned money on some extra options. We'll have lots of time to help you out with this.

Waited patiently (?) for GTS ordered May 15, September 6 birthday, picked up October 21.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage

Only 30k in options? You need to spend more time on this site......
Roadster and FLAMacan like this.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

congrats on your build and please tell us your build and we can help you spend more money ...I also got my GTS from Oakville

Macan GTS....2017 Porsche Year.