Anyone have problems with Cobb installing? - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)

So I got a Cobb 3 weeks ago. Still haven't installed it because I keep getting errors saying it's not compatible. Called Cobb and they said it's because my software is out of date on my Macan. Ok. So I dropped it at the dealer and they updated my software from 4.3 to 4.7 or something. Get home today and try to reinstall it, same errors. So frustrating. Pay top dollar for this tune and it won't even work. Cobb doesn't even offer support on Saturday, to make things worse. I'll try to attach pics of errors. I read on the forum about people that had the same issues, and they got it installed with beta versions. I tried that too. Same errors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3512_1494718572755.jpg (73.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3395_1494718593099.jpg (139.4 KB, 80 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

That's weird. I've never had any problem with mine. You should return it for warranty.
My buddy had problem with his Subie STi AP after 8 months, they swapped it out for him.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)

I'm sure Cobb will get back to you Monday and get it working.
They have a good reputation w/ supporting their products.

☞ 2015: White Macan S
:
Full Leather Black & Garnet Red / 19" Design Wheels / Window Trim in Black / Dimming Mirrors / ParkAssist / Reversing Camera / Entry & Drive / PDLS / Sport Chrono / AS + PASM / Non-Smoking Package / Seat Heating / Comfort Lighting / 14-way seats / Telephone Module / BOSE / Voice Control / Roof Rails in Black / Infotainment / Premium Plus / Cargo Management / Lane Change Assist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)

Hi Vandit, no doubt you've been looking forward to seeing how much extra power this will give you.

I'm curious how you explained the software upgrade request to the dealer, and what their reaction was.

Like you, I bought my car from a distant dealer, and if I call the local dealer telling them I need a software upgrade so that I can install this correctly, I'm not confident I would be greeted warmly.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Hi Vandit, no doubt you've been looking forward to seeing how much extra power this will give you.

I'm curious how you explained the software upgrade request to the dealer, and what their reaction was.

Like you, I bought my car from a distant dealer, and if I call the local dealer telling them I need a software upgrade so that I can install this correctly, I'm not confident I would be greeted warmly.
How does your local dealer treat you for other things like warranty work, etc., since you did't buy the car from them?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)

So some basic things I am sure you have checked.
This is a AP3 POR 009 model correct ?
Are you able to hook it up to the PC and communicate ? Did it take an update from the COBB server ?
Maybe the flash on the unit is corrupt , wonder how to reload that......

2016 Macan Turbo (Rhodium)
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddis View Post
So some basic things I am sure you have checked.
This is a AP3 POR 009 model correct ?
Are you able to hook it up to the PC and communicate ? Did it take an update from the COBB server ?
Maybe the flash on the unit is corrupt , wonder how to reload that......
It updated everything fine. Firmware, software everything. Just so frustrating
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

My PCM was resetting randomly every 3 weeks. Seems others were having this issue also. I used that as an excuse. You can too. I was really wanting the upgrade because COBB said i needed too. In reality, it didn't make any difference.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandit View Post
My PCM was resetting randomly every 3 weeks. Seems others were having this issue also. I used that as an excuse. You can too. I was really wanting the upgrade because COBB said i needed too. In reality, it didn't make any difference.
Funny you mentioned the PCM resetting randomly as I'm also having PCM trouble. Mine keeps rebooting (multiple times daily), and the dealer has ordered a replacement PCM.

But what does that have to do with the Accessport? When you mentioned a software update, I assumed it was ECU software.

Obviously there's something I'm not understanding.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandit View Post
Funny you mentioned the PCM resetting randomly as I'm also having PCM trouble. Mine keeps rebooting (multiple times daily), and the dealer has ordered a replacement PCM.

But what does that have to do with the Accessport? When you mentioned a software update, I assumed it was ECU software.

Obviously there's something I'm not understanding.
COBB told me my software was out of date and that's why I was getting those errors. So I brought it to the dealer and told them of my PCM resets, one to fix it wth an update and 2 to allow the COBB accessport to work right. I got the software updated and it didn't affect the accessport. Hopefully my PCM is done resetting. We'll see