Porsche Macan Forum banner

Cobb accessport owners

16K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  Enilder 
#1 ·
I had a question for those that own it. I read that you can clear codes. So the annoying oil change code can be cleared as well after doing an oil change? My dealer charges $75 to clear the code which is very agitating!

#2 ·
Cobb Accessport cannot reset oil service message.

#3 ·
Is there any downside to not clearing the code? It's just going to return with the next oil change, correct?

#6 ·
YES!!! COBB can you please implement this???? there shouldn't be any excuse since you're messing with the rest of the ECU of the macan anyway. us owners are desperate for this: reset the service reminder on the dash for oil changes and other service intervals.
I totally agree. That alone makes it worth buying.

#7 ·
The Cobb can neither clear codes nor service reminders. In terms of down side, it is what it is - the code brings the issue to your attention and what to do is up to you:)

Reactions: notmac1
#8 ·
I wonder if there is a legal issue for Cobb to be able to reset service indicators.

#10 ·
Ordered my Cobb Accessport today. I have been trying to figure out how to get away with installing the Cobb tune for a couple of months, as my easy driving wife is the Macan S daily driver. I thought she wouldn't like the increased torque and was worried if I sneaked the tune on she might go through the garage. Today she came home and excitedly complained she was cut off by a car that then poked in front of her. She accelerated around it but experienced turbo lag and stated that she didn't think the car was any faster than her old Lexus. Told her I could fix that. Not to often, but once in a while the stars line up.

#11 ·
Hey guys!

We have had this request quite a bit from the DIY guys and have added it to our docket of features we would like to add in the future, not only for Macan but for other Porsche vehicles as well.

Just to clear up any misconceptions, the Accessport can read and clear typical trouble codes(Under Troubleshooting) it just doesn't support the ability to reset service reminders at this time.

-Jon

#18 ·
Cobb, adding ability to read "thrown" codes and some reset functions would be a great value added.

I'm a BMW motorcycle rider and they also use a canbus system... either I have to go 80 miles to the nearest dealer and pay them to reset service lights etc, or... many, including myself have bought an aftermarket obd code reader, resetting tool.. and it helps with some services too. Called the GS911, it was money well worth spending.

Add that to the Cobb and maybe sales could increase?

#21 ·
Accessport installed today. HOLY SMOKES! This is practically a different car. It's much more responsive and, finally akin to a sports car. The Macan always had amazing handling but it felt sluggish to me. That feeling is gone with the Cobb. I'm only using 91 octane and the improvement is remarkable. Some say 30-40 HP but it honestly feels like more of a boost.

I was considering the Sport+ option (which my dealer quoted at just over $1,700) - it can't possibly compete with this. It's only remapping the acceleration, not gaining horsepower. I had a similar drive-by-wire module in my Maserati GT and although it made the car feel more lively it didn't actually increase HP or decrease 0-60 times. With the tuning, I get both. So, thanks to the person who steered me in this direction! I am thoroughly impressed by the Macan now. It feels like a car. A really great car.

#31 ·
The big reason feeling more than 30-40 hp is because of the huge max torque boost @20% over the stock (60-70 lb-ft).

#22 · (Edited)
Phil from Fabspeed here. I love hearing stories like this. Even if we didn't provide the cobb it is good to hear that owners are starting to adopt the Cobbs they are a great easy mod and a lot of fun. They have very little downside as well. There are so many maps with great features on them.

Simple Installation / Uninstall: Everything is included for the simple installation! Intuitive on-screen instructions identify your exact vehicle and available maps. Revert your ECU to exactly as it was before with the easy to use Uninstall option from the main menu.

Trouble Codes: Read engine trouble codes to diagnose issues. Clear them when resolved. Prevent expensive trips to the dealership.

Gauges: Use your Accessport as a gauge to monitor boost or any other live information, directly from the ECU.

Data Logging: Record multiple data channels simultaneously for in-depth evaluation of engine performance. Stores up to 10 hours

Performance Measuring: Welcome to your own performance evaluation suite! Measure 0-60 mph time, 60 foot and ¼ mile ET’s. and Trap Speed.

Shift Light: Set custom RPM warning lights for perfect shifts every time.

AP Manager: Use your PC or Mac to manage maps, download recorded datalogs, or quickly update your Accessport.

Brake Boosting: Stage1, Stage2, and Stage3 OTS maps have brake boosting enabled for 2 seconds. You will be able to floor the gas with your foot on the brake to build boost.

#24 ·
Sport Mode: The timer for the sport button has also been raised to 30 seconds so that you can enjoy the overboost feature for longer.[/QUOTE said:
Overboost feature? 911s and I think Panameras have button that gives a burst of extra power. I can't remember the Porsche term for it. Is this the same feature?

#25 ·
Phil from Fabspeed here. I would be glad to elaborate on this feature. Sport Mode: The timer for the sport button has also been raised to 30 seconds so that you can enjoy the overboost feature for longer. In the sport mode when starting you will receive a quick hit of boost before the sport mode uses the transmission to increase performance (longer gears and quicker downshifts). With the tuner when you are at a stand still and you put your foot on the pedal you will receive boost for a longer period of time before the switch to the transmission takes over.

#35 ·
GTS and Turbo have the same beefed up PDK. S has a weaker PDK.
To be on the safe side we don't know. I had the PDK replaced on my Turbo @ 25k mi, before I added the tune. IMO it's? more the manner in which you drive than the tune that poses a greater risk to the PDK.

While I would say the PDK on the macan is a weak link I would hardly call it weak. That being said asking the PDK to tow and drive around the track like a race car is a lot to ask and pushing the extreme of any of these tasks is asking for more than this transmission was designed for.

#34 ·
GTS and Turbo have the same beefed up PDK. S has a weaker PDK.

#46 ·
Search and ye shall find all threads discussing "PDK".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.