Has somebody installed the Cobb tune on a 2017 Macan GTS - Page 2 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
I installed mine. Been driving with it for about 2000 miles It's amazing. No dyno tunes yet, but my butt dyno and people's reactions prove it works!
Care to elaborate a little more? This is something I may do after I've had mine a while.

2017 GTS White/Red ordered 22 Nov 2016 / Build Code PHPGVL82 / PEC ATL delivery March 7, 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Overall the car is just MUCH punchier. Faster. It's an incredibly noticeable difference. The torque is VERY nice.

I'll put it this way...I have an E92 M3 (420hp V8)...my wife and I lined the cars up and she took me off the line EASILY.

It's super easy to install, update on your computer via the site, then plug it into your ECU and wait about 5-10 minutes.

The Access Port itself is cool, too. So many different variables and measurements.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblow View Post
@Lu Truong has done it on his GTS. He briefly mentioned it in one of the Cobb thread. You could PM him your question.
Hey guys, I just saw this post so sorry for one of the previous poster's mention and delayed response.

I did do a write up on the Cobb thread in this modifications forum section if you want to do a quick search for the details. Only update is I now have about 8k miles and all is still going well. No issues. Love the smooth torque and driveability is still the same.

2017 Macan GTS volcano grey: with black leather upgrade, 21" 911 Turbo Wheels, 14-way power seats, heated steering wheel, cooled front seats, premium package plus, air suspension with PASM, connect plus, navigation, lane change assist, lane change warning
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
I installed mine. Been driving with it for about 2000 miles It's amazing. No dyno tunes yet, but my butt dyno and people's reactions prove it works!
After starting this thread a couple of months ago, I ended up installing it in my own GTS (got one, almost brand new in eBay for $999). Here my impressions on Stage 1 91.

It definitely makes a great difference but only above 2000 RPM. Below that speed it's almost unnoticible. When you go over that speed, one feels a significant kick. The thing is that on normal Economy mode one doesn't feel the change that much, since the PDK upshifts to higher gears at around that speed. So, one has to run in either Sport modes or in Manual to really appreciate the tune upgrade.

Also, the jump is so large above 2000RPM that sometimes it feels the car accelerates a bit too much too fast. So it takes a little while to get use to ease off on the gas pedal to compensate. It is like one has to be carefull when switching from Economy to Sport mode. The car just fires up if I am not careful.

Those are my 2 cents of Cobb tune appreciation. Hope somebody else also shares their experiences.

For me, it's the torque over weight ratio at mid RPM.
Dates cars owned, model & year:
1972-1974 Auto Union 1000 Sp Cabriolet 1962
1974-1981 VW Beetle 1974
1981-1984 Camaro 1971
1984-1986 Porsche 911 Targa 1974
1986-2016 Porsche 944 1986
1995-1999 Jaguar XJ6 1992
2000-2016 BMW X5 2000
2016- Porsche Macan GTS 2017
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoplastic View Post
Does anyone have any actual data to show how much performance gain one can expect to see? These are some of the worst "reviews" i have ever seen. Cobb is "amazing", it feels "fast", passengers "notice the difference". What the **** kind of review is this? Macans have the ability to display longitudinal acceleration. So can someone with cobb do an acceleration measurement with and without Cobb AP and show the difference in numbers? Seems like these vague complements are more like guised regrets of purschasing an unimpressive device. Its misleading and will create more victims. Some people, when they make poor choices are too proud or embarrased to admit it. And mislead others too in order to make themselves feel better. Reading some of these "reviews", I am convinced that the dyno chart cobb used to market their product is anything but an illusion.
Wow, for your second post you've come across as a complete troll. Even if I had the information you're supposedly looking for, I wouldn't share it with you on principle.
Martin, loopless and Len Walsh like this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 349 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)

Quote:
I dont need it from a liar. Your information would be useless anyway because you are a phony. You probably dont even own a macan. So who's Next? I dont take advise from little girls. Go put on your skirt and play make believe little girl.
You Sir, are being extremely rude on various posts with several members. Chill. It's all good. Just a car forum for just a car.

Cheers

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Go put on your skirt and play make believe little girl.
Such misogyny! You're being home-schooled by religious fundamentalists, aren't you?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:

Some people, when they make poor choices are too proud or embarrased to admit it. And mislead others too in order to make themselves feel better.
This is known as 'psychological projection' and is symptomatic of this trolls behaviour.

I'm confident grim will tidy up.