Porsche Macan Forum banner

Anyone have a part#/paint code for the gloss black piece on the low/corner headlight?

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Chewyhat 
#1 ·
Getting to the destination of a lil "road trip", car got its first rock chip. I was fully prepared with touch up paint pen for the white, but it happened in the most random place: The little gloss black exterior inner corner piece on the headlight cluster, lol.

Not sure if it bugs me enough yet to do anything about it. I have leftover Jet Black touchup paint for my BMW, but not sure if it'd be a match.

The piece looks like it can just peel off (and I assume is stuck on with an adhesive). Anyone know where abouts I can find a replacement # to give to a dealer, or to see what vendors may have some? Suncoast doesn't seem to. Or a paint code for all the gloss black trim pieces (It seems to be of the same color as the B Pillar and High Gloss Black window trimmings)? Seems like it should be "cheap" enough.

Thanks.

#2 ·
See exhibit A:

(this might have to fall under the "if you can't see it from 3 feet away then it doesn't exist" rule)

.... Though I just realized that this is probably the headlight washer lid. Might not be as easy to remove as I thought then.

#3 ·
No idea color code numbers, but you are correct, that is the pop up cover for head light spray nozzle, so that descriptor should enable dealer to give you color code number.

It is pretty small though. Maybe out of sight, out of mind?

Reactions: ranrey1
#4 ·
Yeah I'll probably call a dealer to get a color code as I've been wanting the code for all the gloss black trim such as the greenhouse, pillars or those washer lids. Just in case a small touchup would be needed.

Yeah, I'm gonna just have to let it digest and accept it. Not worth a replacement unless it was really cheap and easy to switch out (which I thought it would be until I remembered it's the washer). I'll probably get the touchup anyway, once I get the part number. I have my BMW Jet Black touchup which probably is really close, but not sure if it's worth a try.

It's a bit more noticeable in real life than in that pic, as there are outer little etches that you can't really see. But yeah, it's so small I'm just gonna accept it. It's just funny. I was totally prepared with touchup paint for the actual white paint. What a random place to get it. In reality, it's a better case scenario and I'm happy for that aspect. Once I stop focusing on it, it's no more noticeable than a big spec of dust or something. I just have a thing for the black trimmings on the car, I like them to be clean. Which is probably why this happened. LOL.

#6 ·
Yeah I might just play it safe and avoid the BMW paint. Just leave it how it is. I wonder about how involved it'd be too. Not easy to find any info on that piece. Either the color code, part itself or what's involved. If nothing comes up here I'll have to pay a visit to the dealer. I have a feeling that it might be even hard to describe over the phone.

I tend to focus on details so I always liked looking at how clean and glossy those things are and how it matches my gloss black side markers. Just my luck it gets a little chip. I totally accept the concept of chips and touchup paint has served me well, I was totally prepared. It's just that of course it happens on the one tiny area I don't have touchup or a paint code for!

I can always put some CF wrap over it, which was a pretty well received solution to the last black trim question I had. :D

#8 ·
Eh, my schedule has me up at odd hours and asleep at odd hours. I just go with the flow. :D

True. I'll give it a try. Yeah I could do without it too. Another piece that I don't need, and would only activate by accident then have to go clean the spray remnants from, and has a lid that could go wrong or have its paint chipped, lol.

#11 ·
@K-A That looks horrendous. You should immediately get the entire car wrapped in Xpel... ;)
LOL! Forget it, I'm selling the car. :D

Actually, I've done the marker thing before. On my Bimmer. Sometimes, no matter how nice of a car you get, you're still the dude who'll apply a black marker to touch up a spot. :D

I actually called about the piece. It's only $22 a piece for the lid. Good to know anyway, I guess. I'm assuming that comes painted but who knows. Install of course is another question.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.