User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 487 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1914 Post(s)
Default Who is ALMOST ready ?

Some might know the feeling . You look at the car . You look at the inventory nearby. You build the car . You evaluate the cost . You ask yourself "do i really need this or want this? " . Then you stop . Or even worse you go and look at it .

I call it the almost there phase of buying a new car . Some might be lurking the forum hesitant to post . Others may already have a Macan but want a NEW Macan .. lol. Some even have a new Macan but want another Porsche like a GTS 991.2 .

I am almost there but not just yet . I'll know when i really am there .
I'll guess it will be either the Boxster or the Macan which will go first and what replaces it and it's too close to call it .

so who else ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Ha. Had a 2015 Macan Turbo. Wanted a new one. Traded in the 2015. Ordered a 2017 Turbo with PP. New T+PP arrives in one week! Finally. Now I find myself building a 911 4 GTS. Used to have a 911S and well, yes, I find myself thinking about that extra space in the garage and how to fill it. I think its is sickness. I haven't even taken delivery of the new car and I'm already dreaming of the next one.
tubernator likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1585 Post(s)

Me. I've been tossing around the idea of a PP Turbo but I hesitate because; number one : I don't need it for a daily driver. Two: I'm waiting to see what happens on the Macan facelift and most important : my wife is smarter than me and she thinks I'm nuts. She knows I can't even put the true pedal to the metal on my current S without fear of a speeding ticket.

So. I wait.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
puffin, notmac1, jzwu and 7 others like this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

I'm laughing out loud! I'm finally beyond 'the almost there' phase, made a partial depo. Yesterday and am signing paperwork today. Woke up at 4:00 am thinking maybe I should add the Navigation and Conn+. After months of research you'd think I'd have it down. My build: PHEZTL11
Porsche Newbie likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)

I would not pull the trigger on a new Macan (if you already have one) until I see what happens with the facelift. Porsche is not a company I trust in terms on when and what they will change in the car. Just see the the model year inconsistency of a 2017 car arriving in early 2016. I don't want to spend $80k+ on a car that may look obsolete even before it reaches a US port.

Delivered on 02/11/2015: Macan S Agate Gray | Black Int w/carbon fiber | 20" RS with colored crest cap | 14-way Seats | PASM/AS | Prem+ | High Gloss Trim | Rear Fascia and Side Blades painted | Park Assist/cam | Heated Steering Wheel | LCA | 3-Zone | Smoking Pkg | Comfort Lighting |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)

I've always wanted a Cayman, even more so than a 911. I'm really in love with the 718. If I didn't need something more practical, it's what I'd be driving right now instead of the Macan. But that doesn't stop me from looking, configurating, and drooling.
Pokerhobo and 2thguy like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 1595 Post(s)

I have my Macan S for almost 2 years now and am getting a bit nonchalant about it. Still pretty excited to drive it but the thrill starts to wear off.

So will either get another 718 Boxster or upgrade to the Macan GTS. I don't need practicality since kids are leaving the house, or big power that I know I can't handle.
2thguy and Gallatin like this.

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Love this thread. I told my wif that I want a cayman or 911 in my lifetime. That said, I would want my daily to be the pp Macon above my gts+Cobb. It's nice to have goals, I guess.

2017 Macan GTS volcano grey: with black leather upgrade, 21" 911 Turbo Wheels, 14-way power seats, heated steering wheel, cooled front seats, premium package plus, air suspension with PASM, connect plus, navigation, lane change assist, lane change warning
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I haven't even received my Macan GTS yet (end of this month) but am on the configurator almost daily building a 991.2. Thinking very seriously ab0ut 991.2 GTS which, if ordered today, would arrive in September. The more practical side of me says to wait until 2019 to get the next gen 911. I am fortunate to be able to buy today but somehow would feel bad if I bought two Porsches in the same year - especially as I bought a 2016 Mazda MX-5 last summer. As much as I want the 991.2 now, the MX-5 is really amazing enough to help hold me back from placing a deposit. Not a ton of power, but the car handles superbly even though there is a measured amount of body roll (engineered by designed according to Mazda design team to 'communicate' with the driver). The throttle and manual gearbox are outstanding. And the advantage of a 'lesser' powered engine means that I can wind it up and through each of the gears without having to worry about breaking the limit. Yet I'm still pining for a 991.2. Argh!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)

I'm right there about ordering a 991.2 GTS, they only thing keeping us on the fence is deciding whether or not to keep the Macan, or buy out the lease.

We can afford both, just happen to have a little positive equity in the Macan (if sold right now) so we just have to decide if we want it long term.

I'm just fearful it will turn into a rattle trap (many cars do after 3 years).