2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Default Code / reset scanner

I own a 2017 Macan GTS and a 2013 cabriolet s and trying to determine which code reader will work best with my cars. I want to reset when oil changes are completed. Recently I had to change batteries in my 911 and now I have a steering code that needs to be reset. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage

I have the Durametric Enthusiast cable/software. The Enthusiast cable will work for 3 VINs. I picked mine up off eBay at a discount with only one VIN used by the seller. So I was able to use with my Boxster and now my Macan. You can lear nmore about what the Durametric can do on their web site.

Diagnostic Tool for Porsche | Durametric
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)

RLJett, what have you been able to do with the Durametric ?

2016 Macan Turbo (Rhodium)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1073 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2517 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pientkafl View Post
Recently I had to change batteries in my 911 and now I have a steering code that needs to be reset.
Its not that simple for a battery change. See http://www.macanforum.com/forum/elec...ml#post1778217
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddis View Post
RLJett, what have you been able to do with the Durametric ?
For the Macan, I have not had to do much yet. I used it to reset the oil and maintenance reminders. I also checked the transmission wear integrator oil reading as required by the scheduled maintenance. The Durametric site will outline everything that could be done. As general rule, you cannot reprogram any of the modules of the vehicle but you can monitor their values which would help in troubleshooting. It will also provide codes and allow resetting of those codes.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

good to know theres a tool out there that simply resets the oil change and service indicator on the dash. But what does everyone else on here do when they change their own oil? How do they get rid of the dash indicator light? This cable costs $300
pop.tremuloides likes this.

12/3/16 - Placed order for 2017 Macan S w/ European Delivery 3/21

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White & Agate Grey : PDLS : Entry & Drive : Panoramic Roof : Auto-Dimming Mirrors : 14-way Power w/ Memory : Seat Heating F/R : Seat Ventilation : Bose : Trailer Hitch : 19" Turbo Wheels : Colored Porsche Crest : LCA : Heated Steering Wheel : Smoking Package : Leipzig
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisssss View Post
But what does everyone else on here do when they change their own oil? How do they get rid of the dash indicator light? This cable costs $300
One option is to ignore the light :-)

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
One option is to ignore the light :-)
my OCD will drive me suicidal... I know it.

any 2nd options other than bringing it to the dealer and letting them rip me a new one?

12/3/16 - Placed order for 2017 Macan S w/ European Delivery 3/21

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White & Agate Grey : PDLS : Entry & Drive : Panoramic Roof : Auto-Dimming Mirrors : 14-way Power w/ Memory : Seat Heating F/R : Seat Ventilation : Bose : Trailer Hitch : 19" Turbo Wheels : Colored Porsche Crest : LCA : Heated Steering Wheel : Smoking Package : Leipzig
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:30 PM

And a second option might be to connect with two other local Porsche owners (if I recall the tool being referred to will take up to 3 VIN's) and split the cost :-)
Benz likes this.

'16 Turbo,Sapphire,Black Leather Int/Sport Classics/Window Trim/Roof Rails/Xenons, PDLS+,Tinted Tailights,Sport Design,PSE/PTV/AS/SC/ACC,Burmester,Prem/Comfort Lighting Packages,Leather Dashboard Trim,Seat Console,Steering Column,Rear View Mirror and Sun Visors, Leather Interior Trim in Pebble, Pebble Seatbelts, Headrest Crests, Armrest Logo, White Dials/SC Clock, Alum Fuel Cap, Spt Design Mirrors, Surround, Connect/Online Services,Painted Key,Leather Keypouch,Illum Door Sills
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisssss View Post
my OCD will drive me suicidal... I know it.
I know...me too :-)