• 5 Post By TripleZ
  • 1 Post By Bluestraveler

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Default DIY Cabin Air Filter

You should change your cabin air filter yearly or every 20k to 30k miles. More often if you drive in dusty conditions.
They're relatively cheap and keep the interior of your car smelling fresh.

I rate this 1 out of 5 Bloody knuckles. Easy and quick job with no tools required.
If you have the kid tool, use it, keeps you from having to contort into the passenger foot well.

The Audi pollen filter will fit. (In fact the dealership put in an Audi and charged me for a Porsche one)
Otherwise you can get it from SunCoast parts.
Macan S Pollen Filter

In the passenger foot well, under the glove box and against the carpet is a foam vanity trim piece.
Remove the 3 finger screws.
Remove the foam by pushing the edge closest to the seat towards the firewall. Then pull down and out.

With the foam out, you can see the white filter cover.
Slide the cover towards the right side of the vehicle. It takes some force to get over the retention tab.
It will likely "pop" to the right, release, and come flying at you.

With the cover off, you can see the filter. Using a pair of pliers or a screw driver, grab the bottom of the filter to pull it out.
You will have to bend and pry the filter out. Take note of the orientation, with the angled corner up and to the right.

Here's why you change the filter on a yearly basis.

Installation is opposite of removal.
You will have to bend/ smash the filter home.
The white cover should slide and lock into place relatively easy (compared to removal).
Reinstall the foam vanity cover.

@grim , can you sticky this.

Ordered Feb-14', Estimated 8/22/14, Delivered 9/3/14: Macan S White, Black Interior w/partial leather and 14-way, RS Spyder wheels w/ crest, Premium Plus, AS/PASM/PTV, ACC/PAS, Black Roof Rails w/Gloss Black Window Trim, Comfort light, Trailer Hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Garage

Awesome! My allergies thank you.
synergize likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Boxster GTS
2013 Mercedes e350
2008 Ford F250
2008 Airstream 25FB
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

The Kid tool, yea I have often wished for a 10 year old boy with strong fingers to help with more than a few projects that my old fat man large hands find a challenge. Trying to get the bottom spring clip on the engine intake air filter for my 85 911 back in place is a total pain for me.

That looks like a simple enough repair. Thanks for the post!

Glen
40 year member of PCA
1985 911 Carrera
2017 Macan
1986 El Camino daily driver with Fuel Injected 350 and 2004R & limited slip rear.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:47 PM
gir

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)

There is an early more detailed thread on exactly this and more. These are made by Mann as you can see in the picture.

There is also a higher performance anti-allergen version of the filter from Mann available on Amazon for about $28 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/Mann-Filter-F...s=macan+filter

The basic OEM version is about $18. That is IDENTICAL to the Audi or Porsche supplied unit other than missing an added part number. In fact Porsche got lazy and just added the Audi part number on my original.

Save your money and upgrade at the same time!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gir View Post
There is an early more detailed thread on exactly this and more. These are made by Mann as you can see in the picture.

There is also a higher performance anti-allergen version of the filter from Mann available on Amazon for about $28 shipped.

The basic OEM version is about $18. That is IDENTICAL to the Audi or Porsche supplied unit other than missing an added part number. In fact Porsche got lazy and just added the Audi part number on my original.

Thank you, ordered one.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 1596 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gir View Post

Thanks! The same one sold by Amazon is only $22 and you get 2-day free shipping if you are a prime member.

2015 Macan S | white | agate grey | 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | premium pkg | 18-way seats | PASM | LCA | ventilated seats | 3-zone | gloss black trim | smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | ordered 12/15/2014, built 1/30/2015 & delivered 3/28/2015 | H&R lowering springs @1370 miles, 5/15/2015
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
Thank you, ordered one.
Just ordered one too. Thank you.

2017 Macan GTS volcano grey: with black leather upgrade, 21" 911 Turbo Wheels, 14-way power seats, heated steering wheel, cooled front seats, premium package plus, air suspension with PASM, connect plus, navigation, lane change assist, lane change warning