What will dealer try to sell me on delivery day? - Page 2 - Porsche Macan Forum
User Tag List

44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

I was offered several items, in different packages, all of which I rejected. Very low/no pressure.
Jerry likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

BTW, my buying experience was excellent!
Jerry likes this.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Did your dealer charge $199 for filling the tires with nitrogen?
kcboxess likes this.

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Wheel and tire protection. ( No thanks ) Passport detector ( No thanks. Have V1)
Paint protection ( No thanks) Rubber winter Porsche floor mats. ( No thanks again). I bitched about that one. After spending 85k for the vehicle, there should be no charge for the winter mats. I got them free.
Seems like a cheesy way for the finance guy to make a few bucks.
Jerry and tubernator like this.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)

I've had 3 BMW's with run-flat tires. On the first 2, I had a couple of flats but no insurance. With run-flats, they generally suggest replacing rather than repairing the tire. On the 3rd one, no flats, but I had insurance.

I felt pretty comfortable having the insurance, even though I never used it. Same concept as auto insurance... (although mandatory) hope you never have to use it!!

Wheels and tires can take a real beating depending on your driving style and your general care (potholes, curb scraping, etc.), plus the overall road condition.

If you can negotiate a low price, I think it would be good to get the wheel/tire coverage. One use of the insurance during the policy term would probably more than equal the full premium!!

If there's a few bucks left in the piggy-bank after paying for the car, if nothing else, I'd definitely consider the wheel/tire coverage!!

2017 MACAN GTS Rhodium Silver*Black Leather Pkg | 20" SD Wheels*Pirelli | PTV+ | PDLS+ | Gloss Black Door Handles | Side Blades in Rhodium Silver | Porsche Entry&Drive | 14-Way Seats*Memory Pkg | LCA | ACC-PAS | ParkAssist*Surround View | Auto-Dimming Mirrors | Steering Wheel Heating | Seat Heating & Ventilation | Dark Walnut Interior Pkg | Instrument Dials in White | Compass on Dashboard*White Dial | NAV*PCM*Connect + | Smoking Pkg | Aluminum-Look Fuel Cap
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJK View Post
I think this selling at delivery is more common in the US. We are spared from this type of "customer service". I've not had this happening to me when picking up cars in the past in Australia.
Yes, I think this add on sales is probably a USA thing.

List so far:

Wheel & Tire Insurance
PPF/clear bra
Window tint
Maintenance plan
All weather floor mats
Lojack
Extended Warranty
Passport Radar Detector
EJK likes this.

2016 Macan Turbo | Sapphire Blue Metallic | agate grey middle leather pkg| 19" turbo wheels | summer tires | F&R SS skid plates | premium pkg plus| 18-way seats | A.S. wi PASM | PTV Plus| 3-zone | dark walnut | NO smoking pkg | ACC+PAS | comfort lighting | wheel centers wi full color Porsche Logo |nano tinted windows |PPF
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

How about Windshield Protection ?
My dealer mentioned around 850 for that.
iconoclast likes this.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 09:33 AM
-hh

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post
I have my dealer email me all the paperwork prior, so that I don't have to stress with last minute add-on $.
This would have been nice to have seen, from two perspectives.

First was that my Salesman seemed to have been a bit techno-challenged: pretty much all of my emails from him were apparently written on his smartphone AND ALL IN CAPS.

Second, I did get a clue (from somewhere...probably here) that there would be such a list offered on delivery day - - in my case it came from not the salesman but some other dealership guy I'd not seen before.

I glanced through the list - - it contained pretty much what's been posted - - and made it a point to tell Mr-Add-On-Sales that I did not appreciated being blindsided (yes, I specifically used that word) at the last minute with such things and because I had been blindsided, I was not going to consider any of them at this time.

AFAIC, such 11th hour BS is exactly that: BS.

For example, let's say for sake of argument that I did actually want them to do an Invisible Bra installation ... now wouldn't I have had wanted it to be installed during prep and before I arrived to drive the vehicle home? As such, their offer was too late, even if it was a competitive price (which it was not).

-hh
Louie Zoi likes this.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hh View Post
This would have been nice to have seen, from two perspectives.

Second, I did get a clue (from somewhere...probably here) that there would be such a list offered on delivery day - - in my case it came from not the salesman but some other dealership guy I'd not seen before.

I glanced through the list - - it contained pretty much what's been posted - - and made it a point to tell Mr-Add-On-Sales that I did not appreciated being blindsided (yes, I specifically used that word) at the last minute with such things and because I had been blindsided, I was not going to consider any of them at this time.

AFAIC, such 11th hour BS is exactly that: BS.

For example, let's say for sake of argument that I did actually want them to do an Invisible Bra installation ... now wouldn't I have had wanted it to be installed during prep and before I arrived to drive the vehicle home? As such, their offer was too late, even if it was a competitive price (which it was not).

-hh
I started this email confirmation about what I had agreed to and what I expect they do before before I walked into any dealer to pick up my auto as this set a much better client / SA expectation. ie. I tell them I need the $ amount to bring a cheque. Often I feel they throw in so many curve balls last minute to confuse the client, then client will sign whatever to get the SA out of their head.http://www.macanforum.com/forum/imag...ce_glasses.png
MACANfan1614 and iconoclast like this.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 487 Post(s)
Quoted: 2183 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon21db View Post
Did your dealer charge $199 for filling the tires with nitrogen?
@Neon21db No, that is a nonsense BS charge. Tell the dealer you will walk if they want that. In fact, tell them to deduct $300 for insulting you. If you want Nitro, go to Costco and get it free. Or if you are a SCUBA diver like me, get it from your dive shop for a few bucks.
synergize likes this.

DELIVERED 31st Dec 2014. Happy New Year!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.