Friday will be quite a day. One I am considering a 'bucket list' day.
First off, maybe I should thank or be mad at two forum members; limulus and skiphoyt.
The journey began early last December, when I went to my local Porsche dealership looking at the Cayenne. For years, I have been a diehard BMW fan, although I have an old Boxster, Bimmers have always been my go to, but the X5 hasn't received great reviews, hence checking out the Cayenne. I had never heard of the Macan, but there it was. I was intrigued. So, I started researching and found this forum. Test drove a GTS demo at a local dealership with my Brother over the Christmas holiday. Oh my, this was a vehicle I had to have. But then, the dealership wanted close to list for a demo with 9,000 miles. Are you kidding.
Now on to why thank or be mad at two forum members. Mad, because I have never in my life spent this kind of money on a vehicle. Scary as heck. How did it happen? Well fellow forum member and I, Skip, started corresponding as we were both interested in the same demo GTS at my local dealership. But, we both felt we were not receiving a fair offer. In the end, we both walked away, and both bought a new GTS. Pretty close in options. I have never met Skip or his spouse, but I feel like we are friends.
Then, limulus kept talking about what a great deal he got on his GTS at a dealership in Atlanta. We started sending PM messages, and I kept reading all his excitement about his experience. One thing led to another, and I ordered a GTS from his SA at Perimeter. I got what I believe was one heck of an discount. Sure, maybe it was as good as it was because the 2017 model year is closing. But, a deal seeker, I am happy.
Okay, now on to my itinerary for Friday. I just pray my flight is on time.
- Get up at 4:00am
- Drive to local airport for scheduled 7:00am flight to Atlanta
- Scheduled to arrive in Atlanta at 9:00am. Find a taxi to take me to PEC.
- I have a scheduled track time for 11:00am to drive a Macan GTS. This is a definite 'bucket list' thing to do.
- After 1 1/2 hours on the track, I have a lunch reservation at Restaurant 356 at the PEC at 12:45pm.
- After lunch, I am sure I will have to visit the gift shop.
- At 2:30pm, my SA has arranged for a driver to pick me up at PEC and drive me to Perimeter, which is North Atlanta, where I will personally meet my new GTS.
- After finalizing all the paperwork, my journey begins driving my GTS back home. I will spend the night half way at a hotel, then get back home on Saturday.
I know this schedule is very tight, but I hope my flight is on time, so everything else can fall into place.
I'll report back after she is home in the garage.