• 1 Post By limulus
  • 3 Post By limulus

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Default I have my PEC Delivery dates!

I can go either March 14, 15 or 16. The 14th and 15th are morning dates. The 16th is afternoon. For those who've already done this, what time would you recommend. I"m local on the north side so either way, I'll be hellacious traffic going with the flow.
tubernator likes this.

2017 GTS White/Red ordered 22 Nov 2016 / Build Code PHPGVL82 / PEC ATL delivery March 7, 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post
I can go either March 14, 15 or 16. The 14th and 15th are morning dates. The 16th is afternoon. For those who've already done this, what time would you recommend. I"m local on the north side so either way, I'll be hellacious traffic going with the flow.

I recommend going in the morning. That way you can get a guided tour of the facility, the museum and classic car workshop, and do the reveal and walkthrough of your car before hitting the track around 11:00. You'll be at the track for an hour and a half which is perfect because you'll work up an appetite for lunch at Restaurant 356. After lunch you can go back and spend more time in the museum and hit the boutique/gift shop then leave whenever you're done.

If you want to do the driving simulator, I suggest you make reservations early for those time slots too because they're not included in the PEC Delivery and they fill up quick! Also, I went with a friend and booked her a Boxster driving experience for $350 (plus the $50 additional insurance because she's never driven on a track before and was a bit nervous). I just didn't want her to get bored waiting for me to finish driving -- or get carsick sitting in the back seat while I tooled around the track. You can book a driving experience for your companion through Kathryn Aquino and the PEC team.

I hope the 2-1/2 month wait flies quickly for you!

.:programmatore:.

2017 Porsche Macan GTS (Porsche Experience Center Atlanta Delivery #114)
2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Gone)
2000 Porsche 996 Cabriolet (Gone)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

That is so cool!

Mine was in the afternoon - I would have preferred morning to avoid driving my new Macan into Atlanta rush hour traffic. But the other reason for the AM delivery is so you can adjust/recover from the adrenaline rush from the delivery and then the 90min full throttle thrills on the track. And enjoy your VIP lunch at a nice and relaxed pace. I was wiped out and it hit me by total surprise. My husband too - but he was driving a 911 4s on the track going much faster than I was - lol. Melvin my driving coach said a lot folks experience that too.

So my vote is get the AM slot!

In the next few weeks - Look out for the nice leather folder PEC will send you with your lanyards, info and a Porsche pen ��

2017 White Macan S aka "Bianka", 19" turbo wheels, center wheel colored caps, leather package-black/luxor beige interior, premium plus package, LED headlights with PDLS+, slide blades colored - white, roof rails and window trim in black, trailer hitch, Porsche connect, smokers package, lane change assist. PEC Atlanta Delivery on 12/21/16 #155. Very Merry Christmas to us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to you both for the info. I have to see what works best for my wife before making a 100% commitment to a day/time. We are going to Uber down so we can both ride home together.
FLAMacan likes this.

2017 GTS White/Red ordered 22 Nov 2016 / Build Code PHPGVL82 / PEC ATL delivery March 7, 2017
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Wise move on both accounts ��

The delivery date will be here before you know it!

2017 White Macan S aka "Bianka", 19" turbo wheels, center wheel colored caps, leather package-black/luxor beige interior, premium plus package, LED headlights with PDLS+, slide blades colored - white, roof rails and window trim in black, trailer hitch, Porsche connect, smokers package, lane change assist. PEC Atlanta Delivery on 12/21/16 #155. Very Merry Christmas to us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

It is official. I'm down for March 7 morning delivery. I wound up getting an option to go a week earlier.