LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Default Tranfer case

Hello,

This not really a complaint, My turbo started to shudder when I was backing up and when I put it drive it would shudder in 1st, 2nd and a little in 3rd. The car has 14k miles. I brought to the dealer and it turns out that the transfer case has gone out. The dealer was great.
We are awaiting new cv joints that Porsche recommended to be replaced also.

The car has been a great car, this is more of a heads up to all on this forum.

David
L_K and Leeski like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1578 Post(s)

Thanks David and just a question. Did you drive your car in an "extraordinary" way , like tracking or off roading ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
L_K likes this.

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

I bought the car from the owner of Pacific Porsche in Torrance, CA with 2500 miles on it. So I don't know if the original owner tracked the car or not, but I have never tracked the car.
L_K likes this.

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1578 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeach1 View Post
I bought the car from the owner of Pacific Porsche in Torrance, CA with 2500 miles on it. So I don't know if the original owner tracked the car or not, but I have never tracked the car.

Ask him. Either way, the important thing is they get it taken care of .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

WHITE MACAN . CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT I WANT AND NONE OF THE STUFF I DON'T NEED. HAVE BEEN ENJOYING IT SINCE FEBRUARY 28TH 2015.
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeach1 View Post
Hello,

This not really a complaint, My turbo started to shudder when I was backing up and when I put it drive it would shudder in 1st, 2nd and a little in 3rd. The car has 14k miles. I brought to the dealer and it turns out that the transfer case has gone out. The dealer was great.
We are awaiting new cv joints that Porsche recommended to be replaced also.

The car has been a great car, this is more of a heads up to all on this forum.

David
Do you have PTV?
L_K likes this.

May 29, 2015 (Delivered):
MY15 Macan S - White w/ Garnet Red Interior | Premium | SC | PASM | 20" SD Wheels | Window Trim in High-Gloss Black | 14-Way | 3-Zone CC | LCA | Comfort Lighting | Steering Wheel Heating | Smoking Package | Model Designation Deleted
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)

I have 44,000km and change.. lots of hard driving no problems. Rock solid Tcase.

Nothing to worry about your gonna get repair free of charge you got warranty.

2015 Macan S | Silver/black w/Deletion of model designation | Panoramic Roof System | Infotainment Package | Premium Package Plus | Heat and noise-insulating glass | Aluminum Roof Rails | Dark burr walnut interior package | Reverse Camera w/ Park assist | (AS/PASM) , (LCA) , (PDLS) , (PCM) w/ BOSE® Surround Sound System

| added 21" rim/tires. | Cargraphic Piggyback.
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Default Another transfer case

Just saw this thread - I had exactly the same problem with my Turbo this past July. Same symptoms developed over a few weeks - the car was delivered to me in June 2014 and had ~ 13,000 miles at the time of the failure. Mine may have been the first since the initial read was that the entire PDK had to be replaced - then extended conversations between the dealer, PCNA, & Germany determined the transfer case could in fact be "uncoupled" from the transmission and replaced. Entire process took 10 days to diagnose, determine the fix, get the parts & complete the repair. Been just fine sine then - except that now it's in the shop again waiting for parts for an airbag control system failure.

Notwithstanding any of this (and several more minor issues that affected mostly early build cars) this has to be the most enjoyable SUV I have ever owned & it is a keeper. The dealer has been super in terms of working thru everything. Only thing more fun to drive is my Cayman GTS!
MDJAK, Louie Zoi and L_K like this.
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

My 2015 Macan S (no PTV, no Sport Chrono) developed a similar problem a month ago. In addition to the "shuddering" that you experienced when backing up, it had multiple loud clunks coming from the rear during upshifts within, not between gears. The Service Manager took a ride with me and said immediately that it was the transfer case.

They had a service bulletin for the Macan to replace the two front drive shafts, which they did. They also updated the differential software (SY1615.WM404425). After I test drove it, the stuttering is only slightly improved so the Macan went right back to the dealer. (When the transmission is cold, the stuttering when accelerating is barely noticeable. Gets worse as the transmission warms up. I suspect they test drove it when it was cold and didn't notice the problem was not fixed).
L_K likes this.
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)

Threads like this get me concerned. Hopefully the first model year hiccups are resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540gone View Post
Just saw this thread - I had exactly the same problem with my Turbo this past July. Entire process took 10 days to diagnose, determine the fix, get the parts & complete the repair. Been just fine sine then - except that now it's in the shop again waiting for parts for an airbag control system failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Medic View Post
The Service Manager took a ride with me and said immediately that it was the transfer case.

They had a service bulletin for the Macan to replace the two front drive shafts, which they did. They also updated the differential software (SY1615.WM404425).
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Follow-up to my earlier thread: Problem has been fixed! Dealer replaced the Transfer Box. All under warranty. 12,000 miles on the car, 1 year old. Never tracked or off-road. Still love it.
gobobbie, WHT TGR, MDJAK and 4 others like this.