User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Default Cold Weather Start - Throttle Fault

Yesterday I started my Macan after work and was greeted by a dash full of yellow warnings. PASM/AS, Drivetrain Fault, PSM Fault, Engine Controller Fault, ACC/PAS Fault. Car had sat outside for 10 hours in -8F warming to 2F during the day. Not the first time its been started near 0F, as just last weekend it started in Hayward after a -20F night.

Called and then drove straight to the dealer for them to pull codes. Turns out it was a throttle actuation fault, which since its on the same communication bus as everything else, cascaded the fault message to all the other systems. No mechanical issue with the throttle, and my opinion is its likely a calibration issue for delaying the fault code for cold start-ups rather than a mechanical one.

A Cayenne from 2014 was 5 minutes behind my car at the dealer, with the exact same faults and issue. (Same software build). Dealer cleared the codes, checked the throttle, remapped it, and sent me on my way with the ask to monitor and call if it happens again. No software or cal update available at this point.

Just a heads up to others as this cold snap extends across the country.
Soren, Jshore, crunchy1X and 1 others like this.

Ordered Feb-14', Estimated 8/22/14, Delivered 9/3/14: Macan S White, Black Interior w/partial leather and 14-way, RS Spyder wheels w/ crest, Premium Plus, AS/PASM/PTV, ACC/PAS, Black Roof Rails w/Gloss Black Window Trim, Comfort light, Trailer Hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Garage

Thanks for the heads-up @TripleZ !!

Mines sitting outside of work right now so I'll be hoping for no issues at the end of the day. ...although I'm already heading to the local dealership after work to pick up a set of winter mats
Louie Zoi likes this.

Crunch
2015 Macan S; Premium Package Plus, Infotainment Package, Black, Standard Interior in Black, Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss), PTV+, Sport Chrono, AS/PASM, 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels, Smoking Package, 3-zone Climate Control, Comfort Lighting Package, 14-way Seats, Carbon Fiber Sport Steering Wheel (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)

What is the cca of the battery? Is it heavy duty? Anyone,anyone,Buler? Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm off today,bored and yearning for my S to play in the snow here (only two inches).
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am having the same problem with mine , 2015 Macan s with only 4500klm on mine and i took mine to the Winnipeg dealer and they could not find out what is happening , so i guess i wait until it breaks down somewhere when it's -40 , plus has anyone had a problem with down shifting from 2-1 in the automatic mode? hard shift 2-1 even in low rpm's , i guess these suv's are not made for the extrem cold canadian winters!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
I am having the same problem with mine , 2015 Macan s with only 4500klm on mine and i took mine to the Winnipeg dealer and they could not find out what is happening , so i guess i wait until it breaks down somewhere when it's -40 , plus has anyone had a problem with down shifting from 2-1 in the automatic mode? hard shift 2-1 even in low rpm's , i guess these suv's are not made for the extrem cold canadian winters!
If you search a bit, there's some talk on here about a software update to fix that.

Warp speed now! And don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 09:56 PM

It's funny that the dealers keep's telling me that there are no updates and they have not heard about any problems with the faults and anyone having transmission harsh shifting problems , go figure
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
It's funny that the dealers keep's telling me that there are no updates and they have not heard about any problems with the faults and anyone having transmission harsh shifting problems , go figure
Could be true for those particular dealers....

Hopefully someone with experience will post up and maybe know technical details on the fix.

Warp speed now! And don't give me
any of that dilithium crystal crap!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 981 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleZ View Post
Yesterday I started my Macan after work and was greeted by a dash full of yellow warnings. PASM/AS, Drivetrain Fault, PSM Fault, Engine Controller Fault, ACC/PAS Fault. Car had sat outside for 10 hours in -8F warming to 2F during the day. Not the first time its been started near 0F, as just last weekend it started in Hayward after a -20F night.
Only -20?

I got to really remember NOT to move to WI

Do they sell block heaters for these cars?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
I had a problem with rough downshifts. Took it in and they did a software update and the problem went away until today. With all the cold, it seems to be happening again but not often.

I certainly don't want to get stuck in this cold. One of the reasons I got a Porsche was that they are supposed to be of such high quality. Here's hoping I am right.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 12:21 PM

That is the same reason why i sold my 2013 volvo xc60 r-design for this , i just hope this car is not a lot of smoke and mirrors.