User Tag List

217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Default Question about analog clock

I've had my Macan S for three weeks, and I'm enjoying the vehicle. I've got three of the "known issues", the alarm problem, no spare tire, and the leaking rear washer. There is one other thing that is bugging me. It seems to happen randomly, but there have been several times when I open my driver's side door, the analog clock on top of the dash quickly spins it's hands counter-clockwise around the entire dial and stops at the correct time. Am I being dumb and just not understanding this, has anyone else noticed it?
I am enjoying my Macan immensely. I only wish the dealer I purchased it from in St. Louis were a bit more forthcoming with answers to my questions, so far I've had no indication that they are checking any of this with Porsche North America. Thank goodness this forum exists and there are lots of good people giving good input!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingman View Post
It seems to happen randomly, but there have been several times when I open my driver's side door, the analog clock on top of the dash quickly spins it's hands counter-clockwise around the entire dial and stops at the correct time. Am I being dumb and just not understanding this, has anyone else noticed it?
!
It should not be happening randomly. When you turn the car off the clock will set itself with all arms pointing up (probably for aethetics, or maybe there is some reason I'm not aware of.) When you get back in it should spin to the correct time. You might not always notice if the actual time is something close to the all arms up position, like 1:10pm or something like that. It does the same when you go into timer mode with SC.
Tom LaChance and old blue like this.

2015 Macan S - white on red/black, 20" sport designs - arrived June 07 (porsche code
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #13 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
It should not be happening randomly. When you turn the car off the clock will set itself with all arms pointing up (probably for aethetics, or maybe there is some reason I'm not aware of.) When you get back in it should spin to the correct time. You might not always notice if the actual time is something close to the all arms up position, like 1:10pm or something like that. It does the same when you go into timer mode with SC.
I'm not sure about the "all arms pointing up". But when you turn the car off after a few minutes the clock "goes to sleep" to save power. The car's computer is maintaining the time, and when you get back in and the power comes back on the clock is moved to the current time. What I've noticed is that the process is that the clock is first moved back to 12:00 from whatever position it was in when it went to sleep, and then moves forward to the current time.

'72 2002, '78 280Z, '84 320i, '94 540i, '00 740i, '07 335i, '08 535i, '15 Macan S

post #14 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Garage

I guess I could have just said 'noon', but the position seems intentional. So are you saying the clock just dies at the time it shuts off and stays that way until you turn it on ? I must have missed that.

2015 Macan S - white on red/black, 20" sport designs - arrived June 07 (porsche code
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #15 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)

Guys please post in the same format so mods can update the 1st post and make it a comprehensive list of known issues.

Problem#<ID> : One liner problem
Resolution: One liner resolution if exists today via dealer or Porsche promise
Workaround: One liner; if any workaround that fixes the problem

-

2015 Macan S | White Ext. | Black Int. | Infotainment Package | Premium Package Plus
European Delivery:

Pictures:

post #16 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

My alarm issues were corrected by a warranty replacement of the sensor -- are others not finding this a resolution?
Tony92 likes this.

-Rotsam
2015 Macan Turbo Black, PASM/SC/Pano, 21" 911 Turbo Wheels, Acquired June 2014
post #17 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

For #1 -- the leaky rear washer -- my dealer got a new part from Germany and replaced it. There has been no leak since.

Also, there is now an update for the computer system to fix some issues.
post #18 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Is anyone considering this a reportable issue?

Problem#<10> : Occasional hard downshift from 2nd to 1st
Resolution: Reprogram PDK? / live with it?
Workaround: Manually downshift from 2nd to 1st
markil likes this.
post #19 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotsam View Post
My alarm issues were corrected by a warranty replacement of the sensor -- are others not finding this a resolution?
Can you get details of the fix from your dealer? Could help some people here.

2015 Macan S Palladium/Agate, A/S w/PASM, 18 way, Carbon, RS Spyders, Black Rails, Black Gloss Window Trim, Bose, Premium, Infotainment, Lighting, Smokers Pkg, Tow Hook
2010 GT3 PCCB, Axle lift, Engine Mounts, Sharkwerks
2011 Avalanche - GT3 Tow Vehicle

Gone but not forgotten

2009 Carrera S Cab
2006 Boxster S
2006 Cayenne S
1999 Tahoe 2 door - retired GT3 tow vehicle - will miss it
1986 Carrera Cab
post #20 of 662 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 12:41 AM
mbr

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide86 View Post
Can you get details of the fix from your dealer? Could help some people here.
I also previously reported this fix in another thread. My dealer replaced the sensor 2 weeks ago and no more false alarms

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...-macan-33.html

2015 Macan Turbo - Dark Blue Metallic - Leather Package in Agate Grey - 21" Sport Classic Wheels with Summer Tires - Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest - Sport Chrono Package - Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus - Stainless Steel Skid Plates - Roof Rails in Aluminum Finish - ParkAssist incl. Reversing Camera - 3-zone Climate Control - Premium Package Plus