11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Default Finance

Hi All,

Had my first encounter with the Macan recently with a test drive of the 2.0T the other day but I also want to drive the S but the dealer hasn't got one in stock and wont til next month or Aug. In the meantime, I'm spending a lot of my time using the configurator tool to spec-out my car of choice. Am looking at the sport-chrono pack, pano roof, Bose, spyder wheels (not Black!!) and ACC.

Gotta say how impressed i was with the 2.0T but I think I really want the V6.

I've previously owned a BMW 335 coupe which was a lovely car and our 3.5 yo 1 series hatch is very good and will keep it but i need a SUV for my hobby (R/C flying).

Anyways, regarding finance, just wondered how many people here in Oz have used Porsche Financial Services and what was the experience like? Did anyone get a good deal recently or are there better deals to be had elsewhere?

Cheers

Hoffy
Jshore and onpole01 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Hoffy i can't help you with Porsche finance but interested in this thread. how good did you find the 2.0T? Cheers 😀

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

The 2.0T was really good but I havent yet driven any of the v6's, but having test driven the GLC 250, I was very impressed with the Macan. I may still end up buying the 2.0T as in all honestyt, it will meet my needs but knowing me, I know I'd want more power LOL. I used to have a Z4 2.5si in 2006 and it was a great car although the M Sports seats were too firm but I always hankered for the 3.0si - just a bit more power.
onpole01 likes this.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 502 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffy View Post
The 2.0T was really good but I havent yet driven any of the v6's, but having test driven the GLC 250, I was very impressed with the Macan. I may still end up buying the 2.0T as in all honestyt, it will meet my needs but knowing me, I know I'd want more power LOL. I used to have a Z4 2.5si in 2006 and it was a great car although the M Sports seats were too firm but I always hankered for the 3.0si - just a bit more power.
If you want it before you buy it then you'll really want it after you get the car . The 2.0 is ok . The immediate noticeable difference is the engine exhaust note . Driving around in the 6 feels like the vehicle is making some Porsche noise .
Jshore and onpole01 like this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Garage

I financed through Porsche when I bought my Macan in January 2016. I had my financing lined up, but the dealership asked if they could shop it. I had a 0.95% rate through my bank & they found me a 0.9% rate, so I went with that. It was painless & easy. The CU that financed me actually has a branch a mile away, so that worked out well.

2016 Macan Turbo in Dark Blue Metallic.
2016 Boxster GTS Carmine Red
2008 911 Turbo Cabriolet Speed Yellow
2016 Ford F-150 Limited
2017 Porsche GT3-RS Lava Orange (LEGO)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)

There's no noise on the Base but I like that. It's also lighter. When I really want to mess around, I use Sport mode but just for fun and not that often.

I have PP+, Spyders, LCA, hitch and high-gloss window trim. I honestly have no regrets as I spent hours on the configurator along with driving the S and a GTS.

Maybe I likely would do the ACC next time.

Good luck!
onpole01 likes this.

2017 Porsche Macan Base
2012 VW Touareg TDI Exec
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

i financed through PFS. and by that I mean, not let their finance guy shop different banks for me, but finance directly through PFS. It was bs, the I have an 800 credit score, and they gave me 5% in 3/2017. I told them that was outrageous and they lowered it to 4.75%. They said the only way I can do European Delivery was to finance through PFS. I'm in the process of refinancing to another bank.
Hi-Toro likes this.

2017 Macan S
European Delivery 3/21-3/29
Picked up in NY on 5/31

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White & Agate Grey : PDLS : Entry & Drive : Panoramic Roof : Auto-Dimming Mirrors : 14-way Power w/ Memory : Seat Heating F/R : Seat Ventilation : Bose : Trailer Hitch : 19" Turbo Wheels : Colored Porsche Crest : LCA : Heated Steering Wheel : Smoking Package : Leipzig
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

Pfc service while the best rates with 840+ credit score the servicing sucks. I financed my 911 s only because I couldn't move my funds around fast enough to get the car the next morning. After 6 weeks of their horrible service I wrote a check for the balance of the car. Course it goes without saying, nobody should finance a depreciating asset. ��
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffy View Post
Hi All,

Had my first encounter with the Macan recently with a test drive of the 2.0T the other day but I also want to drive the S but the dealer hasn't got one in stock and wont til next month or Aug. In the meantime, I'm spending a lot of my time using the configurator tool to spec-out my car of choice. Am looking at the sport-chrono pack, pano roof, Bose, spyder wheels (not Black!!) and ACC.

Gotta say how impressed i was with the 2.0T but I think I really want the V6.

Cheers

Hoffy
Sorry to side track you. I've been tossing the Base vs. S myself. The practical side of me says, "Base." However, Base and S builds are a little over $5k difference. That $5k buys me 6-pistons brakes (though I'm unsure of the stopping differences given that the S is 200# heavier), 88 more HP and the "sound." Since I'm planning to keep it long term, anything mechanically with the engine will be cheaper on the Base since its an Audi/VW engine.

Good luck with your decision.
onpole01 and Patrik Blomdahl like this.

2008 RDX shopping for its replacement
2009 C63 Kleemann Stg II
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Hey Sincity, yeah tough choice isn't it? Lol it's the same for me - the base is plenty for my needs but there's just that little thing in my head that says 'go for the S' - that exhaust note just adds another dimension to the driving pleasure. But, it will come down to cost and affordability, as is it always does.
Sincity and onpole01 like this.