Porsche Macan Forum banner

The Official Luxor Beige / Saddle Brown Interior Thread

42K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Sgparnes 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I just ordered a Macan S with Luxor Beige. The dealer gave me a very large Macan brochure, that he said was "hot off the presses". In the photos of the interior options, it does list a "Saddle Brown and Luxor Beige" as a two-tone option, but in a very small footnite, says "Available from 10/2014 at the earliest". The configurator does not currently list such an option for any of the seats (8-way, 14-way, 18-way). I'm guessing this will be added as production ramps up. I might really like that option to decrease reflections in the windshield.

#5 ·
Found this picture on the Porsche site.

I'm waiting to order the beige/saddle brown in October, SA tells me that I would get the vehicle in Dec/ Jan, but I also put a deposit down last January and they just keep pushing my production position down until its available.

Attachments

#6 ·
430tdf-

If you get the Saddle/Beige, what color is the steering wheel? does it match the seats (beige) or the dash (saddle)? I'm a little worried about a light beige steering wheel getting real dirty real fast...

The more I think about it, the more I might change to black interior...

#7 ·
The bigger issue with the beige is the reflection on the windshield - was talking with a guy a couple of weeks ago who bought a new 991 with luxor interior and he traded it back in after three weeks because of the glare.

#11 ·
Those pics are awesome. That's what I ordered - Luxor beige, dark walnut, wood steering wheel. I'll be happy with that. Still might entertain idea of saddle dash/door tops if that becomes an option in October...

Thanks for posting!

#12 ·
From the official Porsche picture the steering wheel will be Saddle Brown. I will also be ordering the walnut trim but not the steering wheel, I would have if the wheel was Luxor Beige but I'm happy with the Saddle Brown.
As far as glare on the windshield I think it has as much to do with the angle of the windshield as the colour of the dash. My Ferrari 328gts has a black dash but the glare is horrible!!! You just learn to deal with it.

#13 ·
The new Porsche Macan. Life, intensified.
Here is the link to the page where I found the interior colours, use the scroll bar at the bottom to move to the second picture and then click on the interior choice you are interested in at the bottom and the picture will change to that colour interior.
Have fun.

Reactions: Shawn
#14 ·
Great hi-res pics. Thanks! Really like the saddle brown/Luxor beige...

#17 ·
i even called porsche USA in GA and they just gave me a lame call back and left a message not really saying anything. it would be nice if the dealers had a little piece of the actual leather so i could see how dark the darn thing is.

the beige/ SB one i think is too light and will get dirty so im not going with that.

#18 ·
Went to dealer today and finally got a look at the actual leather sample for Saddle Brown. It was a bit darker than I imagined. I took some high res pictures below.

From left to right Luxor Beige, Saddle Brown, Espresso.

#19 ·
If you go to my post #13 above and click on the first line " The new Porsche Macan. Life, intensified." its a web link that takes you to a Porsche web page where you can click on the different interior colour choices and it will change the picture to show you that interior. It works really well. I'm not sure if the link works if your not signed in as a member of the Porsche Macan forum.

#20 ·
Post #18 most accurate.

I went to the dealership yesterday and the picture of the three leather colors in Post #18 above is by far the most accurate representation of Saddle and Espresso.

The other pictures in this thread make Saddle look way lighter than it actually is in person. In low light, Saddle almost looks like Espresso.

#21 ·
Meanwhile, in Dubai Airport Duty Free of course there was a prize that was a Panamera that you could win. It was GT Silver with Cognac interior. Holy mother of Ferdinand. It was the most (surprisingly) beautiful combo I ever did see. I now want a cognac interior! And a GT silver exterior! And a Panamera!

#24 ·
Sorry for the double shots! Still trying to figure out how to work Taptalk correctly.. hope it helps the folks here with choosing tho..I wasn't sure of my color combinations at first and no one at my dealership had anything but dark or one tone interiors. But I was really pleased with the results when I took delivery! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.