Porsche Macan Forum banner

Automatic fold-in mirror setting...

140K views 154 replies 90 participants last post by  earlallen.lewis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Apologies if I missed this somewhere on the form, but did a search and couldn't find anything.

I can't seem to find the setting on my Macan to make my side mirrors fold in when I turn the engine off. My mirrors do fold in when I press the button on the armrest, or hold the lock button on the key fob for 1 second.

The manual says that 'setting automatic folding mirrors' can be adjusted in the settings by pressing the CAR button, then the OPTIONS tab, then / Set Car > Vehicle functions > Locking, then there's a tick box for 'Mirror Retract'.

I don't have this tick box in my menu. Not sure if this is because another setting is active and makes this disappear, or because of some option I have or don't have. Any ideas?

(Also noted that I can't find the setting of 'upper ventilation zone' or 'adaptation of central vents' under the Air Conditioning menu either. My vehicle is Australian, so perhaps it's something to do with our regional config...)

#76 ·
set up procedure is in the operator's manual. If I remember correctly, shift into reverse and staying in reverse, adjust the mirror to where you want it to tilt down to. Then shift out of reverse and set the mirror to it's normal driving position....but check the manual.

If I figured it out, everyone should be able to do it :)

#79 ·
Maybe I missed something on this forum after almost 5 months as I have never seen anyone say that you can fold your side mirrors when locking up. I did it today after finding this. Page 58 | 2014-2016 Macan Manual | Porsche iManuals
again, don't shoot me but I have NEVER seen this being shared...."So it shall be Written...so it shall be Done"
Voila! :laugh:

#86 ·
I remember LOL

#82 ·
@energ you probably didn't see this mentioned in it's own thread, but it's been mentioned in some other threads where there USED to be an option in the MFD to automatically fold the mirrors when the doors are locked (my CGTS does this), but that option no longer exists and the workaround is to hold the lock button down.

#83 ·
Folding ears and tail between the legs are signs of fear and weakness. My macan is so aggressive it is tends to do butt attacks especially when parking.

#99 ·
The problem with closing it with the button and holding it for 1-2 second is that the curtain under the panorama glass gets closed halfway as well. This is related to, if you have your windows open, they will close them also. So the car things it should close/fold everything. So everytime when I go in, I must open the curtain again.

#101 ·
My last 4 BMW's would all unlock/lock the doors when washing the car with the key in my pocket.

2010 E82 135i
2013 E92 M3
2015 E84 X1
2016 F80 M3

Basically the stream of water is just an extension of your arm. When the stream of water comes close to one of the many antenna's around the car it just looks for the proximity of the key. The car doesn't know the difference between a jet of water coming from the hose in your hand vs you physically touching the car with your hand. To the car it's one and the same.

#103 ·
Just checked mine and there's no option to automatically fold the mirrors, not in the instrument menu nor in the PCM car menu. It has keyless entry and the memory package.

I don't need this feature though, I don't want the mirrors to fold automatically and I particularly like that when I fold them by extended door handle touch they unfold on start, but when I fold them using the door button they do not (as they shouldn't). I've been in extremely tight spots where this was very useful, and it seems well thought out.

#105 ·
Sadly, Porsche does not want automatically retracting mirrors. I actually had this function on my 2013 Boxster, and loved it. Sadly a PCM “update” removed this feature during a “recall”. My 2017 Macan has never had this option.

Not a clue why.

#116 ·
I like to fold my side mirrors in when locking my 2015 Turbo. I got to thinking why do I have to
hold my hand against the door handle in order to trigger the folding? Shouldn't I be able to set
some configuration so that the mirrors will retract automatically on locking?

I checked the online Owner's Manual and sure enough:

However, in the instrument panel display of PCM locking options as well as the center screen PCM display, there's no
Mirror retract option - only when to lock the doors related to drive off?

What the hey?!?

:unsure:

Do I own the only Macan missing this auto-retract capability?

#117 ·
I've seen this discussed on other threads before. You are not alone, I do not believe others have this magic option in their PCM either. I have a 2018 with the newer PCM 4.0, and still not there.

#118 ·
Don’t think your missing anything Just shows what you should have got for the price ypu paid. This function is standard on my wife’s 2018 SQ5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.