Porsche Macan Forum - View Single Post - Has anyone else experienced the frontal alarm going off?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:34 PM
sergeyb

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

@bcgreen , I noticed that the front proximity sensor goes off unexpectedly every time if I see a vehicle with a chrome bumper immediately in front or even side lanes. Then I simply turn the sensors off until that vehicle disappears. I also can confirm that blowing snow or rain also tend to do set it off at times and I think it has to do with the reflection of the signal when the sensors get covered by ice/snow/ and more of freezing rain other than just summer rain.

2016 Macan Turbo for My Wife | Order Placed 4/28/2015 | Delivered 7/31/2015 | PG23LWH1 | Carrara White/Luxor Beige | SD Package | 21 TD Summer | 20 SD Winter | 15% Tint Fronts ($150) | Hi/Lo Beam Phillips X-tremeVision ($163) + dealer install ($60) | Static Corner Osram Cool Blue Intense 4200K ($25) | Valve Caps in Silver with Crest ($28) | Porsche Logo Sticker on License Plate ($5)

2014 Cayenne Base for Family Driving | Delivered 2/28/2014 | PE5XMCX7 | White/Luxor Beige | 20 SD II Wheels

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome